Welcome to Murdoch University! Orientation week, or O-Week, is at the beginning of each semester and is the best time to prepare for life as a Murdoch student.
We know starting uni is exciting but it can also create a lot of questions so that’s why we’re here to help at O-Week! Come and meet the people, places and support services that will help you make your studies a success. You’ll have the opportunity to join social groups and clubs, hear from your Academic Chair, check out the facilities and get food and drinks from our Student Hub or Pop-up Ref.
During O-Week, you can also:
- Receive enrolment assistance and sign up for classes all day Monday on level 2 in the library and at the myAdvice locations throughout the week.
- Get your student ID card at the gymnasium between 10am - 4pm Monday and Thursday, and between 11.30am - 6pm Tuesday and Wednesday. International students must wait until after their compulsory orientation session. Your student ID card gives you access to a range of campus facilities and services, as well as student rewards and benefits – so the earlier you get your ID card, the better!
- Organise your public transport SmartRider concession card and collect your Guild sticker.
- International students can also register with their overseas student health cover provider.
- Attend a range of workshops and activities (on Tuesday 23 and Wednesday 24 July) including writing refresher sessions, maths refresher modules, library tours, enrolling at myMurdoch Advice locations and more. Remember to grab some free lunch! Check out the below O-Week guide for more info.
If you have a disability and / or a medical condition, we encourage you to contact our Equity and Social Inclusion Office on (08) 9360 6084 or email email@example.com to discuss the range of support services available to you and your carer. Find out more about the support services available, including information on accessing the NDIS.
O-Week for Semester 2 begins for all students on Monday 22 July. The first day is about finalising your enrolment and asking any questions about your classes. Drop-in enrolment sessions are running all day between 9am – 4pm in the Geoffrey Bolton Library for all students. Friendly advisors and experienced student volunteers will be available to walk you through the enrolment process and answer any queries.