Students as Change Agents
Do you have an idea to create positive change at Murdoch University?
The Students as Change Agents program is an ideal opportunity to play an active role in making uni an even better experience for yourself and your peers.
You will develop and apply a range of skills in a supportive environment, while having access to a range of benefits, including a dedicated mentor and project funding.
About the program
Students as Change Agents is a co-curricular program that empowers you to propose, lead and implement a project aiming to create positive change at Murdoch. All enrolled students (including international and postgraduate students) are welcome to participate.
You’re encouraged to align your idea to one of the following themes, representing current areas of focus at Murdoch:
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
- First Nations
- Enhancing the student experience and wellbeing
Following the application stage, the program runs from January to November when you will work on developing and implementing your idea with support from the program and University staff.
Benefits to you
- Work alongside University staff to realise your idea, including having a dedicated mentor and access to a supportive staff network who act as program advocates.
- Develop your idea into a project plan that can be implemented at Murdoch and work towards implementing the project.
- Join a network of other students interested in making a positive impact on the educational experience at Murdoch University.
- Receive up to $1,500 of project funding to be put towards implementing your project or attending and presenting on your project at a local or national conference.
- Receive an honorarium payment (scholarship) of up to $3,000 (individuals) or $3,500 (groups), dependent on the scale of the project.
- Practically apply and develop a wide range of skills and attributes, including communication, negotiation, critical and creative thinking, time management, presentation skills, project planning and management, initiative and much more.
- Receive training and support through the program to assist you in your role as a Student Change Agent.
- Receive credit towards your degree through completing MSP201 (if eligible).
The Students as Change Agents program would like to acknowledge SSAF for funding this program.