Getting started at Murdoch
Congratulations on starting your university journey! We are excited to welcome you to our community of free thinkers. Here’s what to do once you have accepted your offer.
There are three key steps you need to complete: enrol in units, sign up for your class timetable and attend Orientation Week.
Step 1: Enrol
Plan and enrol in your units of study for the year.
2022 enrolments are now open!
Here are some other ways you can get ahead:
- Find out about your fees and Government assistance
- Download your free Microsoft software, including Word and Excel
- Pre-order your Murdoch student ID card
Step 2: Class sign up
If you’re studying on campus, you need to sign up for your class timetable through myMurdoch.
Read our frequently asked questions for more information.
Waiting for O-Week? Here are some other important tasks to do in the meantime:
- Pay or defer your fees
- If you’re deferring your fees, you need to fill out the ECAF and SA-HELP forms using your Tax File Number in the ‘self-enrolment’ part of the student portal
- If you’re paying your fees upfront, your invoice will be ready about a month before each semester. View your invoice in the ‘outstanding balance’ part of the student portal
- Order a parking permit online if you’re driving (available from mid-January for each year).
Step 3: Attend O-Week
Orientation Week, or O-Week, is at the start of each semester and is the best way to prepare for life as a Murdoch student. It’s a great chance to meet academics, make new friends, explore the campus and get your student ID card.
Check the Orientation page for dates and more information.