Peer Academic Coaches
Our Peer Academic Coaches (PACs) are successful students who offer free and individualised 20-minute drop-in or online consultations for all Murdoch students.
Speak to a coach in-person or online
PACs are currently on a semester break and are scheduled to resume at the library location on January 15th 2024, from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM.
How we can help you
PACs are current Murdoch students from a variety of disciplines and backgrounds. They are excelling academically themselves, and can help coach you with your studies too.
The PAC team can help you with:
- getting started at university
- academic skills (reading, writing, planning, maths, stats and time-management)
- discipline-based skills and questions
- navigating the learning management system
- planning an assignment (e.g. essay, report, etc.)
- understanding academic integrity and discourse.
Prepare for your consultation
To ensure PACs can best assist you with your questions, please have the following available for your consultation (on a USB is fine):
- your unit guide
- a copy of the assignment question
- a plan of your work (if you have it)
- your student ID card
- anything else that might help the PAC (and you) to understand your task or problem better
Interested in becoming a PAC?
The positions of PAC Leaders are highly competitive. Recruitment typically begins two to three months before the beginning of semester.