Murdoch Academic Passport
As a student at Murdoch, you are expected to operate with academic integrity at all times. Academic integrity is defined as a commitment to five fundamental values: honesty, trust, fairness, respect and responsibility.
Murdoch Academic Passport (MAP100) is an interactive online unit that provides an orientation to academic integrity at Murdoch University.
All undergraduate and postgraduate coursework students are required to complete MAP100 within their first semester or trimester. If you don’t complete MAP100 in your first semester or trimester your academic record will be encumbered, which prevents you from accessing your final grades for all units.
If you are commencing or continuing a coursework degree in 2020 you will be automatically enrolled in MAP100 in MyMurdoch Learning at the beginning of your course, unless you receive an exemption.
Exemptions apply if:
- you completed a previous version of Murdoch Academic Passport
- you have completed a similar academic integrity module at another Australian university
- you have an active enrolment at the university in 2020 and you have achieved 48 credit points or more from Murdoch University units within the last 5 years, calculated as at 1 January 2020.
If you have been automatically enrolled in MAP100 and believe that you should not be enrolled, lodge a query through MyAnswers > Ask a Question and provide your full name, student number and the details of your enrolment.
MAP100 unit structure
MAP100 is an interactive online unit that is divided into five modules, each containing written information, short videos and activities.
You should complete MAP100 as early as possible to help you do well in your studies, however you can complete the modules in more than one session. Allow 2-3 hours to complete the unit.
Throughout the five modules, you will:
- discuss why academic integrity is important for study and future professional practice
- demonstrate an understanding of the expectations of the academic environment
- explain the key concepts, principles and practices of academic integrity
- identify and reflect on your motivations for studying.
At the end of each module you will take a short, 10-question quiz. You will need to achieve a minimum of 80% on each quiz to successfully complete the unit.