You might want to balance part-time work with your studies to help you meet even more people and earn extra spending money. Find out what you need to know about working in Perth.

Permission to Work

On a student visa, Permission to Work means you can work up to 40 hours per fortnight during semester and full-time hours during semester breaks. Here are some important details to know about working on your student visa:

  • When you apply for your student visa, you will need to prove that you have enough self-support funds and that you won’t be relying on income from work to support you.
  • If you have any dependants on your student visa, they will also be granted work rights when your visa is approved.

The type of work you apply for will depend on your skills, job application and the opportunities available at the time. You can find job opportunities, improve your resume-writing and interview skills, and access other services and resources at Careers and Employability.

Learn more about your working rights