Keeping our campuses safe
Everyone has the right to feel safe and secure on our campuses. Our Security Services team and a range of initiatives are in place to help you on your university journey by keeping Murdoch safe.
Download our free MurdochSafe app
The easiest way to have quick access to vital safety and emergency services on and off campus is to download the MurdochSafe app.
Available for free on iPhone and Android, it features:
- campus security and safety information for all our campuses – both in Western Australia and overseas
- campus emergency buttons that notify Security Services of your location
- quick connection to vital off-campus safety, health and emergency resources such as Police and Emergency Services, Mental Health Emergency Response Line, Lifeline and Crisis Care
- contacts and information for on-campus medical, counselling, safety and disability services
- confidential and anonymous reporting of sexual harassment or sexual assault to the University
- access to Murdoch’s emergency response procedures
- a map sharing function for users to send their location to anyone via email
- how to respond to cyber abuse and support services on and off campus
- domestic and family violence and personal safety plan information and support services available on and off campus
- a personal safety toolkit including:
- loud alarm
- send your location to family and friends
- safety tips.
MurdochSafe also includes links to COVID-19 updates and resources.
Contact Security Services
|Open||24 hours a day, 7 days a week|
Central security office +61 8 9360 6262
Perth campus +61 8 9360 7333 (Ext 333)
Mandurah campus +61 8 9582 5555 (Ext 555)Rockingham campus +61 8 9553 7333
You can also contact us by using the security call points located around campus.
If you’re faced with an emergency on campus, it’s important to know what do to keep yourself and others safe.
Fist call 000 (‘Triple 0’) for Police, Fire or Ambulance Services, then call our Security Services team.
Security Services will escort emergency services on campus, help to locate the emergency for immediate help and coordinate further assistance as required.
When calling for help, try to stay calm and provide the following information:
- your name and the phone number you’re calling from
- the exact location of the emergency (which building, floor, room number)
- details of the situation (what type of emergency is it)
- the condition of anyone injured (e.g. conscious or unconscious).
For basic first aid advice and support during business hours (8.30am–4.30pm), contact our medical service and ask to speak with the attending nurse.
Other external contacts
In non-emergencies (such as reporting a crime or burglary), call Police Assistance on 131 444.
There is also a wide range of resources available to you so help is always available. Whether you need mental health support or advice on managing uni life, check out Murdoch University Counselling Services’ list of resources.
If you have found lost property, please hand it in at one of these locations:
- Geoffrey Bolton Library – building 350
- The Student Centre – building 2.021
- Student Services Desk Mandurah campus – building 100
- Security Service Perth campus – building 435
- Security Services Rockingham campus – building 104.
If you have lost an item, you can report missing property using the lost property form.