After all your planning and preparation, actually landing in Perth is a big step in your journey as an international student. Here’s a guide to the options you can take to get safely to your accommodation from the Perth International and Domestic Airport Terminals.
Free airport pick-up service
The Murdoch Student Guild offers an airport pick-up service for new International Students. The service runs all year round and transports new students arriving from another country safely to their accommodation in Perth. This service is free of charge.
Ride in a taxi or private car
If you’re staying with a local family as part of a homestay accommodation arrangement, you can arrange for your family to collect you from the airport when you arrive.
If you would like to catch a taxi:
- Look for the taxi rank outside each airport terminals. Taxis are available 24 hours a day.
- To catch a taxi, wait in line at the taxi rank for the next available taxi.
- Have the address written down clearly so you can show or tell the driver where you need to go.
- Pay the driver in cash (Australian dollars) or by credit card when you arrive at your accommodation.
- If you have any questions, ask the staff at the taxi rank.
Your taxi fare could cost around $50 or more, depending on a variety of factors including the distance, the time of day and time travelled.
A taxi may be the most expensive, but it is probably the fastest way to travel from the airport.
Catch a shuttle bus
The Perth Airport shuttle bus service, called “CONNECT”, operates from all terminals and can drop you off at either the Perth City centre or Fremantle.
- If you can, book your seat at least 24 hours in advance.
- There is also a kiosk just inside the terminals where you can book in person when you arrive.
- If this desk is unattended, go to a shuttle outside the terminal and make a cash payment directly to the driver.
Travel by public transport
Perth’s public transport company, Transperth, only operates a bus service to and from Perth Airport's Domestic Terminals 3 and 4.
Please note that Transperth does not operate bus services to Perth Airport's International Terminal 1 (T1) or Domestic Terminal 2 (T2).
From the International Terminal (T1) take the Perth Airport shuttle to the Domestic Terminals 3 and 4, then leave the terminal and look for Transperth bus #37 to Perth City. This bus stop is located in the bus lane, closest to the Qantas Domestic Terminal.
From Perth city to Murdoch University
If you catch a shuttle bus or public transport to Perth’s city centre, here is how you can find your way to Murdoch University:
- Once in Perth City, find the main train station.
- Take the Mandurah (orange colour) train line south and get off the train at the Murdoch train station.
- From Murdoch train station, there are many buses which run west along South Street to Murdoch University.
You could also walk 25 to 30 minutes to the university from Murdoch train station.