We offer a range of support services and events to help you adjust to university life. You’ll find a dedicated support team for first year students, course advisors at The Student Centre and a range of health, academic and other support services.
Start with our Student Centre
The Student Centre team provides support to all our students, from when you first arrive to your graduation. Speak with our Student Centre team to learn more about:
- Your course
- Visa requirements
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
- Services and facilities around Murdoch
You can also speak with our team about any personal issues or problems you might experience as you adjust to life at university.
Get help to succeed in your studies
Our Library has modern computer labs, printing and photocopying services, wireless internet and study rooms. You will also have access to our 24-hour Library Learning Common, so you can study or collaborate with other students easily.
Our Centre for University Teaching and Learning (CUTL) is designed to help you gain the study skills you need with free academic skills workshops, one-on-one consultations and a wide range of helpful online resources.
Get help to prepare for your career
Our Careers and Employment service is designed to help prepare you for life after university. You can access:
- Workshops about preparing your resume and job search skills for a job in Australia or internationally
- One-on-one career counselling sessions
- Information on career events, graduate and student internship and vacation opportunities, casual and part-time job opportunities and employer presentations
When you graduate, our services expand to help you stay connected with us and continue your professional development through alumni activities around the world including formal functions, networking sessions and alumni mentoring programs.
Get help with your health
At Murdoch you will have on-campus access to doctors, nurses and counsellors for consultations. Our medical and counselling staff provide a range of services and have a strong relationship with Allianz Global Assistance Overseas Student Health Cover. All medical bills for Allianz clients are processed directly, so you shouldn’t need to pay at your appointment.
Access 24/7 safety and wellbeing support
Sonder is a specialist 24/7 multilingual emergency, safety and wellbeing off-campus service provided for international students with eligible Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) from Allianz Global Assistance. For more information visit the Murdoch Sonder landing page.
In a life-threatening emergency, please call 000 for ambulance, police and fire services.
Find other support services
We offer a wide range of other support services, including:
- Specialised services if you are under the age of 18 when you start studying at Murdoch. Please contact us for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
- An on-campus multi-faith Worship Centre with services and guidance for everyone
- Scholarships and financial aid, if you have financial concerns associated with university study
- A security service on campus 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Equity and Social Inclusion Office, dedicated to helping you through your journey at Murdoch University and to encourage inclusion, equity, access and diversity in University practices
At Murdoch University, we are committed to equal opportunity principles and continue to develop and implement equal opportunity strategies to ensure that all our structures, policies, practices and decisions are based on the assessment of individual ability and achievement.
We reject inappropriate distinctions on the grounds of race (colour, ethnicity, national origin, nationality or descent), sex, pregnancy, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender history, family responsibility, family status, political conviction, religious belief, disability or medical condition (not affecting work performance).
Ready to apply?
If you’ve decided what to study and know the entry requirements for your course, take the next step and apply to Murdoch.