How to apply
It’s easy to apply to Study Abroad at Murdoch online. We know that applying to Study Abroad may seem a bit daunting, but our Study Abroad team is here to help you every step of the way.
Apply for Study Abroad or Exchange
Before you apply, it’s important to know whether you’re recognised as an Exchange student or a Study Abroad student:
- If you are studying at one of our official partner universities and you’ve been nominated for a placement at Murdoch University, you’re known as an Exchange student.
- If you’re applying to study at Murdoch directly, even if you’re from one of or partner universities, you’re known as a Study Abroad student.
Our partner universities
- Zhejiang University of Media and Communication
- Zhejiang University of Technology
- City University of Hong Kong
- University of Hong Kong
- O.P. Jindal Global University
- Hokkaido University
- Kwansei Gakuin University
- Rikkyo University
- Gakushuin University
- Kansai Gaidai
- Konan University
- Mukogawa Women's University
- Ryukoku University
- Seikei University
- Konkuk University
- Yonsei University
- Taylor’s University
- BOKU University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences
- Salzburg University of Applied Sciences
- University of Zagreb
- Anglo-American University
- Danish School of Media and Journalism
- Roskilde University
- University of Southern Denmark
- University of Turku
- Hamburg University of Applied Sciences
- Munich University of Applied Sciences
- Ostfalia University of Applied Sciences
- University of Bochum
- University of Oldenburg
- Griffith College
- University of Limerick
- University of Applied Sciences Utrecht
- CEU San Pablo University
- Linnaeus University
- Lund University
- Malmo University
- Uppsala University
- Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts
- Aberystwyth University
- Lancaster University
- Nottingham Trent University
- Richmond, the American International University
- University of Dundee
- University of East Anglia
- University of Hertfordshire
- Mount Royal University
- Simon Fraser University
- University of Victoria
- University of Waterloo
United States of America
- Binghamton University
- California State University Monterey Bay
- Northern Arizona University
- San Diego State University
- University of New Mexico
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- University of Wisconsin Eau Claire
- University of Wisconsin Whitewater
Apply for transnational Study Abroad
If you're studying at our Singapore, Dubai or Myanmar locations you have the opportunity to spend a study abroad semester at our Perth campus as part of your Murdoch degree. All units studied will transfer directly into your Murdoch degree and be reflected on your final academic transcript.
Apply for study abroad as a transnational student using the form below or contact email@example.com to find out more.
Step 1 – Meet the requirements
It is essential to check that you meet the entry requirements for studying abroad at Murdoch. These may include, but are not limited to:
- If you are entering Murdoch directly from high school as a study abroad student, please contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out the minimum entry requirement needed from your country.
- If you are currently enrolled in University, you must be in good academic standing at your home institution as per your academic records.
- You need to have made sound academic progress at your home institution.
- You must meet our minimum English Language Requirements (if your first language is not English). please contact the team at email@example.com to find out the minimum English requirements needed.
Step 2 – Get approved
If you are already enrolled in university, to start your application process for Study Abroad or Exchange at Murdoch, you will need to obtain approval from your home institution.
To find out if you qualify as an Exchange student, please speak to your home institution. If you are an Exchange student, you will receive application instructions after you have been nominated by your home university.
If you are a Study Abroad student, you can apply online at any time.
You can also get help from Murdoch representatives within your home country. For a full list visit Murdoch’s Registered International Agents.
Step 3 – Choose your subjects
As a Study Abroad or Exchange student at Murdoch, you can choose units (subjects) from across our eight study areas.
When selecting units, there are a few things to remember:
- Make sure you get the right start date for your units.
- Ensure you meet any unit prerequisites.
- Know your course codes – this will assist you with your class sign up and application process.
- Select units at the right level of study.
Learn more about how to choose the right units for you.
Step 4 – Submit your application
If you are an Exchange student, you will receive application instructions after you have been nominated by your home university.
If you are a Study Abroad student, you will need to apply directly online or if using a Murdoch authorised Agent, they will submit your application on your behalf.
Please ensure your application includes all relevant attachments so it can be processed as quickly as possible.
Step 5 – Accept your offer
Once your application has been assessed and your unit selections checked, you will be advised of the outcome either by our team at Murdoch or the institution you applied through.
Don’t miss the application deadline
We recommend that you submit your application to Study Abroad at Murdoch as soon as possible. Our informal application deadlines are:
- 30 November to begin study in Semester 1 (February to June)
- 31 May to begin in Semester 2 (August to November)
If your application is received after these deadlines, you can still be considered on a case by case basis.
Apply online to study at Murdoch in either Semester 1 or Semester 2.