Learn about the types of fees you may need to pay during your research degree including tuition fees, student services fees, administration fees and parking fees.

Completing your research degree could be one of the most rewarding achievements of your career. It's an achievement that takes an investment of your time, effort and resources.

As a research student at Murdoch, you will need to pay a number of fees. Here is a guide to the types of fees you'll need to pay.

Your tuition fees and payment options

At Murdoch, you'll pay for the individual units you enrol in as part of your research degree, not an overall course fee. The amount you pay and your payment options depend on a number of factors, including your citizenship, course type and university place.

If you're a domestic student, your research degree tuition fees may be covered by the federal government's Research Training Scheme. If you're an international student, you'll need to pay tuition fees each semester.

Please visit the relevant page below for more details about your fees.

Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF)

This is a fee charged twice each year by higher education providers, including Murdoch. This fee is used to provide student services and amenities that are not directly related to your academic studies. This could include sporting and recreational activities, employment and career advice, child care, financial advice and other services.

Learn more about the Student Services and Amenities Fee

Administrative fees

These are the fees charged for providing some goods and services. This might include costs for your academic transcripts and certified copies, reprints of degree certificates and examinations at alternative locations.

Other fees

You may also need to pay other fees, including:

  • Parking fees – If you choose to park your car at Murdoch you'll need to pay for parking.
  • Administrative fines – As part of your research, you might face administrative fines for things such as late return or loss of library books, late payment of fees and payment plans or late re-enrolment.

If you would like to learn more about our administrative or other fees, please contact the Student Centre.

Got a question? Talk to us

Call us

+61 8 9360 6927 8:30am - 4:30pm  |  Mon - Fri

Email us

Send an enquiry We'll respond within 2 working days

Visit us

335.2.058 8:30am - 4:30pm  |  Mon - Fri