Explore the range of parking options across our Perth, Mandurah and Rockingham campuses to find the best option for you.
Parking at our Perth campus is free after 5pm until 8am on weekdays and all day on Saturday and Sunday in the red and green zones. At all other times, you’ll need to display a valid parking permit or pay for visitors parking.
At our Rockingham and Mandurah campuses parking is always free, however you will need to display a valid parking permit.
From 2021 scratchies are available from the following locations:
- The Student Centre - via contactless payment / card only. If you wish to pay with cash you will need to use the visitors ticket machine (coins only);
- The Guild Bookshop - cash payment accepted
Parking zones and bays
We offer a range of parking zones and bays, depending on your needs.
|Zone or Bay||Campus||Description|
|Red zone||Perth||Available for university staff and students, commercial tenants and university contractors who have purchased 'red' zone parking permits.|
|Green zone||Perth, Rockingham and Mandurah||Available for university staff and students, commercial tenants and university contractors who have purchased 'green' zone, 'red' zone or ‘purple’ Murdoch University Village parking permits.|
|Purple zone||Murdoch University Village (Perth)||Available for Murdoch University Village residents and staff who have purchased 'purple' zone parking permits.|
|Reserved bays||Perth, Rockingham and Mandurah||Designated bays allocated to university staff and students, commercial tenants, University Pool Vehicles and Schools/Offices where a 'yellow' reserved parking permit has been approved and purchased. If the allocated bay is full, parking in 'red' or 'green' zones is permitted without penalty. Vehicles not registered with the permit are not permitted to park in these bays.|
|Visitor bays||Perth||Available in car parks 2, 3, 4, 5 and 7A. Tickets must be purchased and displayed 8.00am – 5.00pm weekdays. Our ticket machines accept cards and cash (coins only). If you have a Murdoch parking permit you are not permitted to park in visitor parking areas.|
|ACROD and Easy Access bays||Perth, Rockingham and Mandurah||A valid ACROD parking permit is required to be displayed by Murdoch staff and students, commercial tenants and visitors when parking in an ACROD bay. An ACROD parking permit holder is not required to purchase and display a Murdoch parking permit. Easy Access bay permits are available for staff and students with a short-term mobility or medical condition (including pregnancy). Find out more about ACROD and Easy Access bays|
|Motorcycle bays||Perth, Rockingham and Mandurah||Motorcycle / scooter bays are available at all three campuses including the Perth campus in car parks 2, 3, 4 and 7. You are not required to display a permit for parking in these bays.|
|Service bays||Perth, Rockingham and Mandurah||To be used by authorised contractor vehicles servicing the university. A valid temporary contractor service vehicle permit must be clearly displayed.|
|Loading bays||Perth, Rockingham and Mandurah||Available for Murdoch staff and students, commercial tenants or university contractors who need to load or unload equipment or goods; 15 minute time limit applies. Not to be used for patron drop-off and pick up.|
|Alumni||Perth||Available for Murdoch Alumni to park in car park 5 green zone Perth campus only. Not available for use by staff, students, contractors, affiliate, agency or commercial tenants.|
Permits and tickets
If you’re parking at our Perth campus you’ll need to pay for and display the appropriate parking permit. There is no cost for parking at our Mandurah and Rockingham campuses.
- Annual permit valid from 1st February to 31st January (following year)
- Semester 1 permit valid from 1st February to 31st July
- Semester 2 permit valid from 1st August to 31st January (following year)
Zone Annual Semester Monthly Red $500 $300 $80 Green $350 $200 $60 Yellow $1,250 NA NA
Zone Annual Semester Red $430 $225 Green $200 $120 Purple (Village residents only) $250 $140
The parking is FREE for Alumni in Green zone of car park 5 only. Your free permit must be applied for in person at the Student Centre and renewed annually. You will need to provide a student card or photo identification and complete an application form.
Alumni permits are not available to current Murdoch University staff and students, contractors, affiliate, agency or commercial tenants, or transferable to family or friends. There is no reciprocal parking arrangement with any other Perth university for a Murdoch University alumni permit.
Commercial & Contractor
Zone Annual Semester Weekly Red $500 $300 NA Green $350 $200 $20 Purple
(Village staff only)
$350 $200 NA
$5 per day in green zone only.
Not available for Visitors - please use the pay and display ticket machines.
The parking is $3 per hour for visitors in the Visitor zone. Our ticket machines accept cards and cash (coins only).
Apply for a parking permit
You can apply online for your parking permit for the whole year or each semester. As part of your application, you’ll need to provide:
- Murdoch username (student or staff number)
- Murdoch password
- Vehicle registration number
- For paid parking permits, your credit card (Visa, MasterCard or bank card)
Your permit will be mailed to you within two working days of your payment being received.
Continuous employees or staff with a fixed-term contract of 12 months or more can use payroll deduction to pay for parking. Fortnightly parking deductions will automatically be salary sacrificed unless Payroll Services are notified otherwise via the Salary Packaging Request form.
Casual employees, staff on a fixed-term contract of less than 12 months, contractors and commercial tenants will need to obtain parking permits in person. Please note, you will need to provide ID and employment details and contactless payment only is available.
Murdoch alumni are entitled to a free 'green' zone parking permit which must be applied for in person at the Student Centre and renewed annually. You will need to provide a student card or photo identification and complete an application form.
Alumni permits are not available to current Murdoch University staff and students, commercial staff or contractors, or transferable to family or friends. There is no reciprocal parking arrangement with any other Perth university for a Murdoch University alumni permit.
Failure to display a current permit or incorrect use of the permit may result in an infringement being issued and the permit being revoked.
To apply in person for a parking permit, please visit the Student Centre at Perth or Mandurah or the PDCSO in Building 104 at Rockingham.
If you are a staff member who has resigned from the university, or a student who has formally withdrawn from the university prior to the final date of withdrawal per the HECS policy, you may be eligible for a parking permit refund.
Refunds are available on the following conditions:
- The permit is returned wholly and in good condition to the Student Centre at the Perth campus
- For full year permits refunds prior to Semester 1 census date: 100% refund, and prior to census date Semester 2: 50% refund
- For semester 1 only permits, prior to Semester 1 census date: 100% refund
- For semester 2 only permits, prior to Semester 2 census date: 100% refund
- Refunds apply only to annual and semester permits
- Refunds are not available for payroll deduction or for monthly, weekly or daily permits
- No refund is available for contractors and commercial tenants.
You can apply for a parking refund by returning your annual or semester permit in person to the Perth campus Student Centre before the nominated census date.
In the event of a University lockdown and / or limited service period a parking refund for that period does not apply (including staff with a payroll deduction).
The University is authorised to impose penalties for infringements committed under the University Land and Traffic By-Laws. When you are issued an infringement notice, you have seven days from the date of the infringement in which to appeal.
To avoid getting a fine:
- Make sure you have the correct permit or change for a ticket.
- Check the signs for the parking zones and times of the area you are in.
You can get a fine even if you only park for a few minutes or others are parked in the same area without a permit. Reasons such as these will not be sufficient to appeal a fine.
If you’re unsure about parking zones or times, contact the Student Centre.
Pay or appeal a fine
You can pay or appeal a parking fine online using your parking infringement number. You can also pay your fine in person at the Perth campus Student Centre, by contactless payment, or by posting a cheque to:
90 South Street, Murdoch, WA, 6150
Verbal and email appeals will not be accepted. The waiver of a fine will only occur in exceptional circumstances. Failure to pay a fine may result in the following:
- Referral to the Fines Enforcement Registry.
- Student enrolment being encumbered (results withheld or graduation suspended) until the fine and associated fees are paid.
- Staff being encumbered (unable to purchase a new parking permit) until the fine and associated fees are paid.
Terms and conditions
The Murdoch University traffic by-laws are detailed in Part III of the University by-laws. University traffic by-laws are enforced and may result in the issue of an infringement notice and the required payment of a penalty.
- A valid parking permit must be displayed at all times. Notes on windshields are not accepted.
- A valid parking permit does not guarantee a parking bay. Current permit holders must only park in the designated areas applicable to the type of permit held (exception applies to Reserved Permit holders).
- The University does not accept responsibility for damage to or loss of vehicles on University land nor for damage to or loss of accessories or contents in any vehicle.
- Damage to lost or stolen vehicles, including contents or personal property should be reported to Murdoch University Security Services by email or phone 9360 6262 and the WA Police 131 444.
- There are no reciprocal parking arrangements with other Perth Universities.
- There is no part-time permit option.
- Lost, stolen and damaged permits must be reported to the Student Centre and an application for a replacement permit completed and processed, along with a police report number and/or a statutory declaration.
- Permits are the responsibility of the permit holder and if lost, stolen or damaged a replacement fee applies.
- Permits are issued to one person and are not transferable to anyone else. Permits may only be transferred between alternate vehicles that have been nominated and registered under the permit system.
- Permit holders are required to keep details of their vehicle and address up to date.
Arriving by public transport
Planning your journey to Murdoch campus on public transport? The Transperth Journey Planner will help you find the best route with up-to-date route and timetable information. As a Murdoch student you may be eligible for discounted travel using a Tertiary SmartRider from the Guild Kiosk in the Library.