Kulbardi Aboriginal Centre Success Scholarships
Kulbardi was first established in 1988 as the Aboriginal Education Unit for Murdoch University. The centre was named the Kulbardi Aboriginal Centre by respected Elder Ralph Winmar. Kulbardi, pronounced ‘Kool-bar-dee’, is the Noongar word for magpie.
The Kulbardi Success Scholarships are open to all Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander students currently enrolled in an enabling, undergraduate or postgraduate course at Murdoch University.
Awarded in categories of:
- Kulbardi Education Assistance
- Kulbardi Childcare Support Scheme
- Kulbardi Accommodation Assistance
- Kulbardi Laptop Scheme
To apply for this scholarship you must:
- intend to enrol or are currently enrolled at Murdoch University in either an enabling, undergraduate or postgraduate course
- be an Australian citizen
- be an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- not currently be in receipt of any Commonwealth Scholarship payments (ICECS/ICAS/IAS)
If you have been previously been awarded the Commonwealth scholarship you may still be eligible for the Kulbardi Laptop Scheme. Circumstances of personal and/or financial hardship may also be taken into consideration.
How to Apply
Complete the online application form below and attach the required documents by the closing date.
Please note that the UG & PG scholarships are awarded each semester and students will need to reapply every 6 months.*
Kulbardi Laptop Scheme - laptop will be provided to you by the Kulbardi Aboriginal Centre.
*Students who were awarded the Kulbardi Success (UG or PG) Scholarship will need to reapply BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE each semester.