Murdoch Senate Bursary
The Murdoch Senate Bursary has been developed to assist students who are facing financial and/or personal hardship with some of the costs associated with studying at Murdoch University.
Both commencing and continuing students who are facing personal/financial hardship are encouraged to apply for this scholarship.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident, NZ Citizen, Humanitarian Visa
- be enrolled at Murdoch in your first undergraduate course
- be enrolled full time (at least 9 credit points), or have exceptional reasons for studying part-time or external.
- be in financial and/or personal hardship
Students commencing nursing in Semester 2 who are only enrolled in 2 units (6 credit points) and studying externally are eligible to apply.
How to Apply
Complete the online application form below and attach the required documents by the closing date.
This scholarship requires you to:
- complete the application form
- include a personal statement of no more than 300 words outlining:
- the personal and/or financial hardship you are facing
- how the scholarship will assist you to be successful in your studies
- include evidence of financial hardship (e.g. Tax Notice of Assessment or Centrelink Income Statement)
Payments will be made directly into your nominated bank account in the following instalments:
- $1,500 in week 7 or 8 of the semester you are awarded
- $1,500 in week 7 or 8 of the consecutive second semester
These payments are subject to acceptance and ongoing compliance with the terms and conditions.