Clyde McGill and Colleen Rigby Scholarship
Dr Clyde McGill and Dr Colleen Rigby are Murdoch veterinary alumni who aim to help you pursue exceptional extramural or external practical learning experiences to enhance your learning, improve your potential as a veterinarian, and make a contribution to the University, the veterinary profession or the broader community.
This scholarship supports the passion for and pursuit of veterinary learning by contributing to the costs (including those associated with accommodation, travel, and/or lost earnings) of undertaking any type of extramural work and/or external practical learning experience at any location (metropolitan, state, nationally or internationally based).
To apply for this scholarship you must:
- have successfully completed at a minimum the units that comprise the Bachelor of Science in Veterinary Biology
- be enrolled in Doctor of Veterinary Medicine at Murdoch University
- intend to engage in any type of extramural placement that meets the requirements of Murdoch’s School of Veterinary Medicine
- can provide a letter from the organisation or veterinarian supervising the extramural project confirming that an arrangement is in place.
How to Apply
Complete the online application below and attach the required documents by the closing date.
This scholarship requires you to provide the following documents:
- completed application form
- a personal statement of no more than one A4 page that outlines:
- what makes the extramural project exceptional
- how the intended project builds on your previous experiences and interests
- how the practical experience will benefit you personally and impact on your chosen future specialty
- how the project will benefit the community, University and/or profession
- how the learning experience will impact on your chosen future specialty or profession
- a confirmation letter from the organisation or veterinarian supervising the extramural
Payments will be made directly into your nominated bank account in the following instalments:
- $1,000 in week 7 or 8 of the semester you are awarded
These payments are subject to acceptance and ongoing compliance with the terms and conditions.