2024 Westpac Young Technologists Scholarship
Are you passionate about technology? If you are starting a tech-based undergraduate degree in 2024, you could be eligible for a scholarship valued at up to $20,000 from Westpac Scholars Trust. There are multiple scholarships to be awarded, across a wide range of degree programs.
The Westpac Young Technologists Scholarship is open to school leavers who have graduated in the last year and are eager to explore positive change through technology.
It's not just about funding though. In partnership with Westpac Scholars Trust, we’ll help you develop into a stronger leader through a personalised enrichment program. This includes access to paid internship opportunities and inspiring mentors, and an international learning experience in Asia. You will also have access to unique networks of people who would otherwise be out of reach. Best of all, you'll become a lifelong member of Westpac 100 Scholars Network, an inclusive group of some of the brightest minds in Australia.
To apply you need to show:
- a demonstrated interest in technology
- curiosity to explore a future that is connected to technology and how it can make a difference in the world
- focus on personal growth and development
- commitment to be an active Westpac Scholar Alumni member
- diverse skills and experience.
To apply for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian citizen or Permanent Resident
- have completed Year 12 in 2022 or 2023 and meet entry requirements
- be commencing an undergraduate degree for the first time in 2024
- Accept your offer into a Bachelor level degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Creative Arts, or some majors Science (see full list of eligible courses below).
Bachelor of Engineering Honours:
- Electrical and Renewable Energy Engineering (TISC code: MUENR)
- Environmental Engineering (TISC code: MUENE)
- Industrial Control and Automation Engineering (TISC code: MUENI)
Bachelor of Engineering Technology:
- Engineering Technology (TISC code: MUSET)
Bachelor of Creative Media:
- Games Art and Design (TISC code: MUCME)
- Graphic Design (TISC code: MUCME)
- Photography (TISC code: MUCME)
- Screen Production (TISC code: MUCME)
- Sound (TISC code: MUCME)
Bachelor of Criminology/Bachelor of Science (TISC code: MUCBS)
Bachelor of Data Analytics (TISC code: MUDAB)
Bachelor of Information Technology:
- Business Information Systems (TISC code: MUSIS)
- Computer Science (TISC code: MUSCS)
- Cyber Security and Forensics (TISC code: MUSIF)
- Games Software Design and Production (TISC code: MUSIG)
- Games Technology (TISC code: MUSIT)
- Internetworking and Network Security (TISC code: MUSIW)
- Mobile and Web Application Development (TISC code: MUSIN)
- Artificial Intelligence and Autonomous Systems (TISC code: MUSAI)
Bachelor of Information Technology and Business (TISC code: MUITB)
Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Science
Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Information Technology (TISC code: MULIT)
Bachelor of Science:
- Biomedical Science (TISC code: MUSBM)
- Forensic Biology and Toxicology (TISC code: MUSFB)
- Genetics and Molecular Biology (TISC code: MUSMB)
- Laboratory Medicine (TISC code: MUSLA)
- Mathematical Science
How to Apply
Complete the online application form and upload the required documents via the Westpac Scholars portal by the closing date.
This scholarship requires you to provide the following documents:
- completed application form (available via the Westpac Scholars Website)
- a personal statement
- written reference
- academic record
Paid in instalments of $2,500 each standard semester period up to a maximum of $15,000.
An additional $5,000 to cover the cost of attending the Disruptive Leaders Program.