Where else to get help
After hours medical care
Murdoch University Medical Service is open Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm and offers a range of appointments and health services. If you need medical care out of hours, you can contact an out of hours service provider.
Home visits can be arranged on weekdays from 6pm to 8am and all day on weekends and public holidays through the following services.
24 hour crisis care
- Crisis Care Helpline
- Mental Health Emergency Response Team
- Samaritans Youth Line
- Sexual Assault Resource Centre (SARC)
Suicide Call Back Service
Visit the website Suicide Call Back Service
- Fiona Stanley Hospital
- King Edward Memorial Hospital
- Rockingham Peel Group Hospital
- Royal Perth Hospital
- Sir Charles Gardiner Hospital
- Abortion information & counselling – Marie Stopes Australia
- Alcohol & Drugs Info (24 hours)
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Fremantle Women's Health Centre
- Sexual Health Quarters (SHQ)
- South Coastal Health & Community Service
- WA Police Services (non-emergency)
- WA Poisons Information Centre (24 hours)
Murdoch University Counselling Service is free for all enrolled Murdoch students. We offer up to six sessions per calendar year, for each year that you are actively enrolled. In some situations it may be appropriate for you to seek external counselling. Our counsellors and doctors are able to help you with a referral and can assist you to link in with a private psychologist.
Psychologists in private practice
There are many psychologists and clinical psychologists who work in private practice. You may make an appointment without a referral from your general practitioner (GP). However, seeing a GP first can be beneficial in assessing what your needs are and determining whether you are eligible for a Mental Health Care Plan (MHCP), which enables you to claim part of the cost of the session back on Medicare.
See your GP or book an appointment with one of our doctors for further information.
- Caladenia Counselling
- Murdoch Psychology Clinic
- Beyond Blue
Kids Helpline webchat counselling (up to 25 years)
Visit the website Webchat counselling