Dr Jolyn Tan Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship was established in memory of Dr. Jolyn Tan, a young budding veterinarian, a DVM (Doctor of Veterinary Medicine) student at Murdoch University from 2017 to 2021. Her desire to be a good veterinarian to care for animals, her enthusiasm, her inquisitive nature, her joy, her smile, and her presence have touched different people in different ways. Jolyn Tan was born in Singapore, received her Bachelor of Science (Veterinary Biology) and Doctor of Veterinary Medicine at Murdoch University, Perth, Western Australia.
This scholarship aims to promote academic excellence in the study of Veterinary Medicine and to support the education of aspiring veterinarians at Murdoch University who can then do good for animals through their practice as Jolyn would have done.
Should you wish to make a donation to the Dr. Jolyn Tan Memorial Scholarship fund or request for further information, please contact Jillian Shiels on Jillian.Shiels@murdoch.edu.au or 08 9360 7438.
To apply for this scholarship students will:
- Be a full time postgraduate international student
- Be commencing 5th year of DVM (Doctor of Veterinary Medicine)
- Be interested and pursuing Large Production Animals or Emergency & Critical Care (ECC) pathway as a career option
- Have a record of high achievement in previous years
How to Apply
This scholarship requires you to:
- complete the application form
- include a personal statement of no more than 500 words outlining academic achievement and career aspirations.
Payments will be made directly into your nominated bank account in the following instalments:
- $2,000 in week 7 or 8 of the semester you are awarded
- $2000 in week 7 or 8 of the consecutive second semester