2024 George Alexander Foundation Scholarship
The George Alexander Foundation's main point of focus is supporting access to education for promising young people, particularly those from rural and remote areas. Their aim is to help overcome barriers and make it possible for talented students to achieve their potential and go on to contribute to the Australian community. George Alexander believed in the notion of 'planting seeds and hoping they grow into pretty big trees'.
The scholarship is to be used for accommodation and living expenses in Perth, with students encouraged to consider accommodation at Murdoch University Village.
To apply for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian Citizen
- have graduated from secondary school in the previous two years
- have a history of high academic achievement with an achieved ATAR of 80 or higher
- have relocated from an inner regional, outer regional, remote, or very remote location
- can demonstrate examples of personal leadership and/or contributions to the community
Successful candidates must study full-time internally at Murdoch University and be commencing their first year of tertiary study.
How to Apply
Please send all the required documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org
This Scholarship requires you to provide the following documents:
- George Alexander Foundation Scholarship Application Form
- Personal Statement (750-1000 words).
Please address the following key areas as your application will be scored accordingly:
Academic - Academic Merit, Work Experience, Participation, Certificates & Training
Community - School Volunteering, Community Volunteering, Issue Areas & Passions, Community Spirit
Leadership- School Leadership roles, Paid Employment, Social Participation, Social Leadership
- Academic Achievement - A copy of your Year 11 and 12 Statement of Results from the Curriculum Council or equivalent (if you have these)
- Values Statement - demonstrate your future goals and aspirations as outlined in the application form
- Two written references– an academic reference from your school and a character reference from someone suitable to comment on your contributions to the community.
For students completing a three-year degree, payment will be made in the following instalments: $8,000 per annum
For students completing a four-year degree, payment will be made in the following instalments: $6,000 per annum