Recognition of prior learning
If you have previous study or professional experience relating to your field of study, you may be eligible to receive credit for certain units in your course. This could reduce your overall study load and the amount of time you need to study before you can graduate.
Also known as Advanced Standing, Recognition of Prior Learning could reduce your overall study load and the amount of time you need to study before you can graduate.
Am I eligible?
When you apply to study at Murdoch, please provide any relevant information about previous study or work experience which could make you eligible for advanced standing. Your eligibility for advanced standing will be assessed automatically, and you'll be notified of the outcome after you receive an offer to study.
You can check what credits or exemptions from previous studies you may be eligible for using our Advanced Standing calculator.
Murdoch University has agreements for Advanced Standing with a variety of institutions within Australia and across the world.
How to apply for Advanced Standing
If you believe you may be eligible for Advanced Standing, you can apply directly to Murdoch for recognition of previous study or professional experience.
- Step 1: Apply to Murdoch for entry to your course of choice. If you are already enrolled in a course, go to step 3
- Step 2: Once you have received your Offer Letter, please review and accept the offer
- Step 3: Complete the Advanced Standing form applicable to you via the links below
- Step 4: Attach your official academic transcript or statement of results. Please note e-records are not accepted
- Step 5: Check your application thoroughly and then submit for approval
If your prior learning took place through a structured program that lead to the full or partial achievement of an officially accredited qualification, please use the Formal Learning form.
Please send your completed form with any required documentation to the Accreditation and Advanced Standing Team.