If you’re aiming to study law but don’t qualify for standard entry, our Pre-Law alternative entry course could provide an entry pathway for you.
Our Pre-Law alternative entry course provides students without recognised prior learning a pathway to study law at Murdoch. The course is designed to assess your current aptitude for studying a Bachelor of Laws (LLB). Pre-Law is not considered a bridging course.
The course comprises of approximately the same contact hours, workload and rigor of a 3-point, part one law unit. Whilst completing the Pre-Law course, you will be required to undertake:
- three online lectures covering an introduction of the Australian legal system.
- an online library tutorial session and library assessment piece.
- seven online lectures covering substantive law, particularly the Law of Contract.
- 10 online tutorials.
- two assessable projects.
- a final exam.
As this is a non-award course so completion will not attract an official Murdoch University qualification. However, if you perform at a credit plus level (65% or above), you could qualify for admission into our Bachelor of Laws degree.
The next intake of this course starts on Monday 7 December 2020. It runs into January, with a break over the Christmas holiday.
The course fee is $750 and includes GST. The fee is due before the course starts.
You can withdraw from the course up to five working days before the course starts by emailing email@example.com. You will be refunded the course fee, minus an administrative fee of $50. After the course has commenced, refunds are not provided.
To be eligible to apply, you must:
- be a domestic student.
- have been away from study for at least 12 months.
- currently not be Murdoch student.
Places are limited to 35 students and approval for admission is at the discretion of the Course Coordinator, Dr Steve Shaw.
How to apply
Applications for December 2020 are now open. To apply:
- complete the below application form
- email the completed form to the Course Coordinator, Dr Steve Shaw using the details below. You will receive an email back with the course coordinators signature.
- submit the completed form via our online admissions portal. The course code is NLAW010 and the unit enrolment code is SUM2020.
For more information, please contact:
Dr Steve Shaw