Murdoch University Chiropractic Clinic
We offer accessible, professional chiropractic services to the public.
Established in 2005, Murdoch University Chiropractic Clinic is an evidence-based teaching clinic, offering high-quality patient-centred care for your musculoskeletal health.
You’ll be treated by one of our final (fifth) year chiropractic student clinicians, under the guidance and supervision of a registered chiropractor. After your initial visit, a comprehensive management plan is tailored to your situation. Each appointment involves a discussion on your progress, an examination and individualised treatment. To ensure you are receiving care suited to your condition, appointments can take place in our treatment rooms, rehabilitation gym, a physiological therapeutics facility and a digital radiographic suite.
The Murdoch University Chiropractic Clinic enables students in our accredited Chiropractic Science course to complete the training they require to register with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency via the Chiropractic Board of Australia. By visiting the clinic, you will not only benefit from the guidance of our highly experienced teaching staff, but also support the next generation of chiropractors in the final stages of their training.
What we treat
Although most people associate chiropractic care with just the treatment of back pain we offer treatment for the following:
- neck related headache
- neck pain
- back pain
- spine related leg or arm pain
- some cases of pain and stiffness related to osteoarthritis
- injuries related to sporting, workplace or other accidental injuries.
We use a range of chiropractic methods to develop your management plan including:
- spinal and limb manipulation
- spinal and limb mobilisation
- soft tissue therapy (e.g. massage, including cross friction and stretching)
- electrical stimulation, such as interferential and transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulators (TENS), ultrasound, and heat or cold therapy
- traction and a limited traction device known as flexion distraction
- active care (supervised rehabilitation exercise programs, home exercises)
- physical rehabilitation and advice
- referral to appropriate healthcare professionals for further investigations or co- management as deemed appropriate.
We offer competitive pricing. Call our clinic reception for information.
Some private health insurance companies offer rebates for chiropractic care. Check with your provider to confirm you have the appropriate level of cover and your insurance provider offers rebates for services provided at Murdoch University Chiropractic Clinic.
We also hold outreach teaching clinics to provide support to the wider community.
Make an appointment
Walk-in clients are welcome, get in touch to make an appointment or ask for more information.