Your application is an opportunity for you to demonstrate your skills and experiences, abilities and personal attributes. To assist the Selection Panel in determining whether you will be shortlisted and progressed to the next stage of the process, please read and follow these guidelines when preparing your application.
All applications are to be submitted via the online application form unless otherwise stated. You can access this form by clicking on the Apply Online button at the bottom of the advert.
Attachments should be sent in Adobe PDF (.pdf) format to ensure compatibility. Following submission, you will receive an email to acknowledge that we have received your application.
Please ensure your form and documents are submitted prior to the closing date and time (found at the bottom of the advert) in order for your application to be accepted.
Unless otherwise stated, you are required to include the following documentation in your application:
A covering letter
Your cover letter must include:
- The position title and reference number.
- A statement about your suitability for the position being applied for.
A document addressing the selection criteria
- This is statement addressing each selection criteria point.
- The selection criteria can be found in the position description.
- It is recommended that this document be a maximum of three pages.
Your curriculum vitae (or resume)
Your curriculum vitae must include:
- Your full name and address, qualifications, country of birth, citizenship and residency status, employment history, other relevant experience and major achievements.
- Applicants for academic staff vacancies should also include brief details of their teaching and teaching development, research and professional scholarship (including list of publications and/or significant academic achievements) and if relevant, service to your current university and community.
- The names and contact details (telephone and email addresses) of at least two professional referees. It should be noted that referees may be contacted at the shortlisting stage. You will be contacted prior to this to ensure your references can be contacted.
Murdoch University values workplace diversity, promotes inclusion, and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, women, and individuals with disability. Applicants who have support or access requirements, are encouraged to advise this at the time of their application, to ensure appropriate assistance is provided throughout the recruitment process.