The School of Health Professions offers research opportunities under its three core disciplines:
Research Partnership with Neurological Council of Western Australia
The School is proud to announce the launch of a new collaborative research project:
School Research Committee
The School of Health Professions Research Committee is applying a strategy to establish itself as a national and internationally competitive, research-intensive School, committed to the creation and transfer of knowledge. This research strategy aims to create the physical and cultural environment that will enable the School of Health Professions to build on its current strengths and establish a national and international profile based on world-class, cutting-edge research. The aim of this strategy is to enable all research areas and interests within the School of Health Professions to achieve the highest level in the research community.
Research Committee objectives
- The School Research Committee will develop a positive culture of discovery, peer review and enterprise, with the aim of producing tangible benefits for the School, the University, the profession and, most importantly, the community at large.
- The School Research Committee will strive to provide exceptional post-graduate research opportunities that will attract and retain the best candidates. It will also be particularly supportive in developing the research potential of academic staff.
- To achieve the School Research Committee's vision for research we will rely on our best assets. These are clinical research at the University and also selected health care facilities and clinics in the community; collaborative research with other Schools within Murdoch University; and collaborative research with other Institutions nationally and internationally.
- Ultimately, our goal is to support significant scholarly and creative research projects that assist the health of individuals and thereby in aggregate the greater population.
The School of Health Professions is implementing a strategy to establish itself as a research-intensive School, committed to the creation and transfer of knowledge. The Research Committee has representatives from each Discipline including Nursing, Chiropractic and Counselling. The Committee is Chaired by Associate Professor Bruce Walker: email@example.com.
- Associate Professor Bruce Walker
- Professor Paul Morrison
- Professor Anne Williams
- Associate Professor Catherine Fetherston
- Dr Brenda Bentley
- Dr Anthony Armson
- Ms Sasha Dorron