Find a course
Professional Experience assists Pre-service teachers to critically and creatively apply content knowledge, skills development and moral understandings to a real context. Professional Experience provides links with theoretical components undertaken by Pre-service teachers in their on-campus learning and encourages the use of on-going reflective practices to assist their understanding of the continuous nature of professional learning.
The School of Education believes that the preparation of Pre-service teachers to become effective teachers is a collaborative exercise between Pre-service teachers, mentor teachers, schools and Murdoch University.
- SONIA - Student Placement System
- Calendar of primary placements for 2014
- Calendar of secondary placements for 2014
- Calendar of Grad Cert/Diploma Early Childhood Education & Care, & Grad Cert in Early Childhood Education 2014
- School of Education Calendar for 2014 National Police History Check AND a Working With Children Clearance AND a Pre-Service Teacher Agreement Form. SUBMIT a copy of all three documents to the Professional Experience office.
For Pre-service teachers
Prior to placement in any school for Professional Experience, Pre-service teachers are required to complete and submit copies of students' National Police History Check and a Working with Children Clearance.
Formal compliances with Murdoch University policies related to Professional Behaviours in the Workplace and Code of Ethics will be required in the near future. Pre-service teachers will be advised of procedures for compliance via email.
Before the FIRST placement Pre-service teachers must complete a
Learn more about
- Professional Experience Checklist
- Flexibility in Placements
- Registering with TRBWA and DET
- Student FAQs