New students - image

Getting started at Murdoch

Plan out your course

So you’ve accepted your offer and activated your account. Welcome to Murdoch!

Honours students must plan their enrolment with their supervisor and complete the Honours Program of Study form before the end of week one.

Research Masters or Doctoral students will be sent enrolment information from either the Faculty Office or the Graduate Research Office. Your enrolment cannot be completed online.

If you are an undergraduate or postgraduate (coursework) student, here’s what to do next:


Familiarise yourself with some key terms and definitions to help you through the rest of the process.


Review your course structure in the online handbook to find out what units you need to enrol in for your first semester.


If you are an undergraduate student you must complete a transition unit in your first semester of study unless you have been granted a credit or exemption due to previous study. Transition units are degree-specific, and help introduce you to university study.


If you are considering a double major or minor you should contact a Student Advisor.


If you require additional assistance, contact the Student Centre on 1300 687 3624 or

Student Centre


Level 2, Chancellery building
(car park 3)


The Student Centre is open today 8:30am - 4:30pm


South Street campus
1300 Murdoch
(1300 687 3624)

Peel campus
+61 (08) 9582 5501


Key dates

key dates icon

When does the semester start? When's the next teaching break?

View 2017 calendar

New Student Guide

If you're planning on studying at Murdoch, check out our guide on how to be a successful student.

Download the Guide