Degrees by coursework
At Murdoch University, our postgraduate coursework programs bring together cutting edge theory and real world practice to provide students with the skills and knowledge they need for successful professional careers. We aim to create leaders, innovative thinkers, and problem solvers who are capable of tackling contemporary issues on a local, national and global level.
Finding time to study
Generally, you should allocate around 10 hours per week per unit for study, which includes classes, personal study, research and work on assignments. This study time will obviously need to fit around your work and family commitments, so we offer various study modes for most courses:
- Full- or part-time options – more than 80% of our postgrad students study a part time load. For many courses you can commit to just one unit per semester.
- Convenient class times – some classes are scheduled in the evening to suit students who work full time or need to organise childcare, others may be taught in intensive blocks.
- External study – you’ll receive the materials you need and you'll be able to access class notes online. You can also listen to lectures online, getting the benefits of classes without being on campus.
A range of support services
There’s plenty of support services available:
- Our Centre for University Teaching and Learning hosts free courses in time management, getting organised and studying effectively. These courses help you make the most of your time, which can be helpful when you’re switching back to a student mindset after not studying for a while.
- You’ll have access to the 24-hour Learning Common and computer labs.
- We have a Childcare Centre on campus if you need to fit your studies around your children.
- The Murdoch University Postgraduate Student Association is run by postgraduate students to serve as a social support network for other postgraduate students.
Choosing the right course
If you’re interested in a postgraduate degree, but are not sure what course to do, here are some tools to help:
- You can browse through our full range of postgraduate courses.
- Call our Student Centre team or make an appointment to speak to somebody in person.
Need help? Talk to a Murdoch Student Ambassador.
Our team of current Murdoch students can provide genuine, practical advice about any enquiry from how and when to apply, to career pathways and courses.
8am - 8pm weekdays
Get a reply in 48hrs weekdays