As well as your course fees, there are other fees and costs to consider when planning the financial aspects of your studies. These include fees for administrative and other services, and costs specific to your course, such as for equipment and textbooks.
Student Services and Amenities Fee
The Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF) is a fee charged by all higher education providers, including Murdoch, to help with student services and features that aren’t directly linked to your studies.
At Murdoch, we use these fees to help provide you with:
- health and counselling services
- careers and employment advice
- sport and recreation facilities and services
The SSAF is charged twice a year, and the amount you pay depends on whether you’re a full or part-time student, and which campus you study at.
The current SSAF fees are as follows. Please note these fees are subject to change:
Part-time fee per half year
Full-time fee per half year
See the Student Services and Amenities Fee page for more information.
Parking at Murdoch is usually easy, but you will need to budget for parking fees if you’re planning to drive to uni.
Car parks on campus are zoned and colour coded either red or green:
- The red zone is located closer to the main buildings. An annual permit will cost around $500.
- The green zone is lower-cost parking situated slightly further away. An annual permit is around $200.
Visitors’ ticket parking is also available if you’ll only be driving to Murdoch occasionally.
See the Parking at Murdoch University campuses page for more information.
Your tuition fees cover the cost of your education, but you also need to pay for textbooks or any other materials and equipment that may be required for your course.
Costs specific to honours students include:
- printing and binding costs for your dissertation
- registration fees and travel costs for conferences relevant to your area of research
Depending on your area of study, you may also need to pay for:
- field trips
- laboratory equipment such as lab coats and safety goggles
- Working With Children Checks