This comprehensive combined coursework and research program is the only one of its kind in Western Australia. You’ll have access to our on-campus, world class veterinary facilities for training in a broad range of disciplines within veterinary science, including epidemiology and public health, parasitology, and clinical specialities.
If required, you will also have access to Whitby Falls Farm, our off-campus teaching and research facility. This 203-hectare heritage listed farm property, located 46 kilometres south of Perth, will offer you further experience in livestock research.
You’ll gain advanced academic preparation in applied research. The degree provides the opportunity for advanced study in analytical and research skills in veterinary science, applied to clinical and non-clinical disciplines. The DVetMedSc program culminates in the completion of a research thesis.
3 reasons to study a Doctor of Veterinary Medical Science at Murdoch
- Build upon your veterinary degree through a targeted research program that can be conducted from any location in the world.
- Learn alongside and be supervised by experienced veterinary academics.
- Learn in real-world skills in facilities including a veterinary teaching hospital, and off-campus farm teaching facility.
Develop your skills
Build essential skills and knowledge to meet your career or study goals. Topics you’ll cover include:
- research skills through elective coursework units in research methodology
- the disciplines of epidemiology and veterinary pathology
- tailoring a research project to an animal disease or condition relevant to your field of interest.
Your future career
Upon completion of the Doctor of Veterinary Medical Science, you will have an internationally recognised postgraduate research degree, and be able to choose from a range of senior career opportunities across the veterinary science spectrum, including in research, clinical, industry and academic fields.