All Pre-Service Teachers (PSTs) at Murdoch undertake Professional Experience in a school context. For final year Bachelor of Education or Grad. Diploma of Education students, school placement involves two units known as FPE 1 and 2 (Final Professional Experience). This involves a 3 week placement followed by a 7 week placement. For more information click here.
Other placement units are spread throughout the academic year, and are offered either on a 'block' (full-time) or 'distributed' (part-time) basis.
Please see calendars below for specific dates of 2015 placement offerings:
- Calendar of Primary placements for 2015
- Calendar of Secondary placements for 2015
- Calendar of Grad Cert/Diploma Early Childhood Education & Care, & Grad Cert in Early Childhood Education 2015
NOTE FOR EXTERNAL STUDENTS: The Student Village located on campus at Murdoch may have available rooms for short stay external students. This could be useful for those students attending the intensive teaching period and the Perth-based school placement. Please click here for more information.
Mandatory Student Requirements - Clearances
Prior to placement in any school for professional experience, Pre-Service Teachers are required to complete and submit copies of students' National Police History Check (from the Education Department NOT the Police Station) and a Working with Children Clearance. Please upload a copy of your NPHC and WWCC via the 'Documents' link on SONIA - Online Student Placement Management System.
- WA Education Department's National Police History Check (***THIS IS DIFFERENT FROM A NATIONAL POLICE CLEARANCE)
- Working With Children Clearance
Please see links below for more information about the required FORMS
- (to be completed on SONIA)
- Placement Form (to be completed on SONIA)
- Name Badge Order Form
- Notification of Absence from Professional Experience
Click on the link for more information : Student FAQs
Click here for information on how to contact the Professional Experience Office.