Find a course
Curriculum Resource Centre (CRC)
The Curriculum Resource Centre (CRC) is maintained by the School of Education at Murdoch University in Western Australia to enable students to graduate with a knowledge of current teaching resources and an opportunity to explore the innovative use of resources.
The CRC provides patrons with valuable collections on two campuses. On the South Street Campus a variety of teaching resources are selected to extend the knowledge of student teachers in the areas of Early Childhood Education, Special Education, Language Education, Primary Education, Secondary Education and Multicultural Education. On the Rockingham Campus students have access to a wide range of teaching resources to support Primary Education as well as accessing the Childcare and Assistant Teacher resources offered by Challenger TAFE within the Rockingham Regional campus Community Library.
Everyone is welcome to use the Curriculum Resource Centres on site at the South Street campus and the Rockingham campus, but only staff and School of Education students at Murdoch University may borrow the resources.
Located in the joint use Rockingham Regional Campus Community Library and the Rockingham Curriculum Resource Centre extends reciprocal borrowing rights to Challenger TAFE staff and students who are studying Childcare or Teacher Assistant courses.
Curriculum Resource Centre (CRC) - South Street
- Monday, Wednesday: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Tuesday: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Thursday, Friday: 9.00 am to 4:00 pm
NOTE: The CRC is closed each day between 12 noon and 12:30 pm
Please check posts on the CRC Blog site for updates and changes to daily opening times that may occur from time to time.
Please refer to library opening hours for South Street and Rockingham campuses.
Keep up to date with new resources added to the Curriculum Resource Centres at the South Street and Rockingham campuses by accessing the following link:
CRC New Resource List, or create an RSS feed from our Blog. You can also set your own RSS feed to obtain regular updates directly to your computer for new books on Education added to the library collection. The link to view new books or obtain an RSS feed is below:
New Books RSS feeds. The new book list for Education is not comprehensive and you may need to view the lists in other disciplines to locate books shelved with the discipline.
- Curriculum Resource Centre Blog
- Scootle (formerly The Le@rning Federation) - use your Murdoch University email address as your username. You will get an email message to confirm your registration
- Opening Hours
Murdoch University Links
- Search Murdoch University Library Catalogue
- Education Subject Guide
- Rockingham Regional Campus Community Library
- Student Learning Centre
- Prospective Students Centre
Other Resource Locations
- Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority (ACARA)
- Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER)
- Experts in Primary Literacy (e:lit)
- Australian Literacy Educators Association (ALEA)
- Mathematical Association of Western Australia (MAWA)
- Australian Association of Mathematics Teachers (AAMT)
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM)
- Science Teachers Association of Western Australia (STAWA)
- Australian Science Teachers Association (ASTA)
- Social Education Victoria
- Drama Australia
- WA Department of Education and Training Library
- History Teacher's Association of Western Australia (HTAWA)
- Social Educators Association of Australia (SEAA)
Other Locations for Educational Resources
- Perth Zoo
- Gould League
- The Cancer Council Western Australia
- Heart Foundation
If you have used our CRCs we welcome your comments and suggestions. We are constantly monitoring and updating the collection and your suggestions can ensure that we maintain a current and relevant collection. You are invited to email firstname.lastname@example.org with suggestions for our collections and services.
At the South Street Campus:
Senior Library Officer
Phone: (08) 9360 2376
Phone: (08) 9360 2376
At the Rockingham Campus
Phone: (08) 9360 7066 (local 9553 7066)
Telephone: (08) 9360 7066 (local 95537066)