Chapters and groups
An alumni chapter is a group of former students of the University who share a common interest. The establishment of Murdoch alumni chapters and groups are an excellent way to strengthen links between alumni. We encourage and assist with the establishment of formal chapters and other informal groups amongst our alumni communities.
As well as providing a fun way for alumni to keep in touch, socialise and network with each other, alumni chapters and groups strengthen the University’s support base, allowing for grassroots input into the University’s consultative process and a network for the distribution of information on Murdoch development and alumni activities.
Chapters and groups provide:
- Opportunities for networking and fostering social, professional and business relations among alumni.
- Opportunities for social gatherings.
- A channel for communication between alumni and Murdoch University.
- Opportunities to assist Murdoch University in the achievement of its objectives.
Chapter or group activities
- Assist in identifying new alumni; the updating and maintaining of local name and address information.
- Provide a welcoming support group for new alumni.
- Facilitate professional development and job networking activities.
- Establish new contacts and cultivate existing links with current students.
- Develop a program of activities to enhance the objectives of the University within the discipline or the region.
- Keep the Alumni Relations office up to date with what alumni are doing by passing on information/media releases on any interesting activities or significant achievements.
For more information about establishing a new chapter or group please contact the Alumni Relations office email@example.com tel: +61 9360 6668