Moving away from home to study gives you the opportunity to meet new friends, enjoy new experiences and become more independent. As a Murdoch University student, you’ll have a range of accommodation options on and off campus.

Live in Murdoch University Village

If you would like to live in a vibrant student community of more than 800 students located on our main campus, you can apply for accommodation at Murdoch University Village.

The Village features a range of secure apartments, where:

The Village is owned and operated by Campus Living Villages in close partnership with our university.

It’s never lonely in the Village. You get to meet a lot of really interesting people and learn about their lifestyles and experiences in life.

Courtney, Murdoch University Village

Live with an Australian family

If you would like to experience life as part of an Australian family, you can apply for homestay accommodation. You can:

  • Be collected from the airport by your host family when you first arrive.
  • Improve your English language skills by interacting with your host family.
  • Enjoy the local community and culture with advice from local experts.
  • Meet new people and attend social events.
  • Feel supported by the care and advice provided by your host family.

You can apply for homestay through The Australian Homestay Network.

Learn more about homestay accommodation

Live in shared or independent accommodation

If you would prefer to live away from campus, our Murdoch University Guild of Students can help you find accommodation. The Guild is a student association who maintain a database of accommodation options near campus. They also have unofficial advice for living off campus and offer a range of clubs, activities and events you can join.

If you would like to live close enough to Murdoch campus to walk, cycle or travel a short distance using public transport, you might consider living in these Perth suburbs: Murdoch, Kardinya, Leeming, Coolbellup, Bibra Lake, North Lake, Bull Creek, Winthrop, Bateman or Willagee. 

Learn more about Murdoch University Guild of Students

Are you under 18 years of age?

If you are an international student under the age of 18, you need to follow specific requirements about where and who you can live with before you can get a student visa.

Please read and understand these requirements before applying for your student visa.

Ready to apply?

If you’ve decided what to study and know the entry requirements for your course, take the next step and apply to Murdoch.

Apply Now

Got a question? Talk to us

International Student Enquiries

+61 8 9360 6063 8am - 8pm   |   Mon - Fri Make an enquiry

Student Enquiries

1300 687 3624 8am - 8pm   |   Mon - Fri Make an enquiry

General Enquiries

08 9360 6000 8:30am - 5pm   |   Mon - Fri Make an enquiry