When you arrive, it can take some time to get set up and ready for your studies. Here’s a guide to some of the things you can do to get organised for your life in Perth.
Finalise your enrolment
Enrolling is one of the most important things you will need to do when you first arrive.
You need to enrol in your units, tutorials, labs and workshops. This will create a timetable to help you know where you need to be on which days.
Please see our New Students page for details on how to enrol in units, important information about your course and links to our support services on campus.
Join our orientation program
Every semester, we run an orientation program to welcome you and other new students to Murdoch and help you adjust to life in Perth.
You will learn important information about being an international student and get help to:
- Sign up for a student card
- Organise public transport concession
- Register with your Overseas Student Heath Cover provider
- Finalise your enrolment
The Murdoch International Student Association (MISA) will also host a range of fun events during orientation to help you meet and make friends with other international students, and explore other aspects of university life.
Please plan your travel to Perth so you arrive in time to join our orientation program.
Set up a bank account
We partner with ANZ for International Student Banking. You can use ANZ before you leave to set up an everyday bank account which is perfect for student life:
- You can transfer money to Australia before you leave.
- Once you've arrived and have been identified in person at an ANZ branch, you can begin buying what you need in Australian dollars.
- You can also apply for a convenient online savings account with no minimum balance, no fixed term and no monthly account service fee.
Once you’ve applied for an account, we’ll call to give you your new account details. You can then begin transferring funds straight away.
You can then check that your funds have arrived safely via ANZ Internet Banking.