The Animal Hospital at Murdoch University – Equine Services is led by a team of highly qualified equine veterinarians with extensive experience; five of whom are specialists in their fields. Our clinical team is committed to providing you and your horse with the highest quality care and most up-to-date procedures and treatments available, ranging from routine investigations to emergency surgeries. A referral is not necessary prior to making an appointment, and a hospital-based emergency service is provided 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Our equine services
- First opinion and specialist internal medicine consultations
- First opinion and specialist musculoskeletal and gait assessments, including the use of the Lameness Locator®
- First opinion and specialist surgical consultations
- Fully equipped ambulatory field service (in-hours only)
- Reproduction services
- Ophthalmology and Dermatology services
- Oncology service
- Dentistry and Farriery services
- Advanced diagnostic imaging – digital x-ray, ultrasound, CT with standing CT and MRI coming soon!
- Video endoscopy – upper respiratory, dynamic overground, gastroscopy
- Telemetric ECG and Equimetre system
- Pulmonary function testing unit
- Air-conditioned isolation facility for high-risk and potentially infectious patients.
We are advocates for preventative and expert veterinary health care and believe it should be a priority for every horse, regardless of whether they are a Group 1 winner, high-performance horse, or elderly retiree. At The Animal Hospital, we welcome horses, ponies and donkeys of all shapes and sizes; from Miniatures to Clydesdales, and everything in between.