Are you an HR professional working towards a more senior role, or exploring your options for personal and professional development? This course will give you the advanced skills and insights you need to succeed.
- Part or full-time
(Student visa holders must study full-time)
- Part or full-time
- 1 year full-time or part-time equivalent
Across all businesses and industries, the one thing that makes an organisation stand out from others is the people behind it.
This coursework degree will allow you to plan and manage an organisations’ teams to align with the organisation’s strategic goals and objectives. You’ll explore what fosters a productive and sustainable workplace culture, and apply the new technologies and innovative HR solutions you learn.
You’ll boost your HR expertise with new skills in talent management, performance management and people analytics.
9 reasons to study a Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Use avatars and virtual reality (VR) to prepare you for real life HR experiences such as interviews, conflict resolution and more. We are the first university in Australia to introduce VR in this way.
- We have received a 5-star rating for student support and learner engagement in our Business and Management programs.
Source: The Good Universities Guide 2019
- Choose full-time, part-time, on-campus or online options to help you fit study into your working life. If you’re an international student, you’ll need to study full-time to meet your visa requirements.
- Most of our classes take place after work hours during the week, starting after 4.30pm, or on weekends.
- Take advantage of free workshops and seminars to help you with writing, statistics and data analysis, ethics, how to run surveys, and research as a postgraduate student.
- Be taught by leading academics who have worked as consultants across many industries including healthcare, IT, aged care, banking, and education. You’ll also learn through industry guest lectures and work on real projects with industry.
- Put theory into practice with professional placements through our Work Integrated Learning program.
- Have you already completed our Graduate Certificate in Human Resources Management? The units you’ve completed will count towards this course, so you can graduate with a Graduate Diploma with just 8 more units.
- Looking to continue on and complete a Master? Once you have completed the Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management it will only take you 12 months to complete a Master of Human Resources Management.
Build skills in:
- Industrial relations and employment law
- Talent behaviour and management
- Human capital development
- People analytics and decision-making
By 2022, it’s expected there will be 89,000 new management jobs in Australia*. A postgraduate qualification can help you further your current career and move into a more senior role or help you change career paths to pursue new opportunities.
*Source: Job Outlook WA Government 2019
Depending on your own situation and career aspirations, there are many careers and positions that this course can lead to.
Careers could include:
- People and Culture Manager
- HR Specialist
- Senior People Advisor
- Human Resources Business Partner
You’ll graduate with in-demand management skills, specialising in developing strategies to attract, retain, develop, engage and reward a capable workforce.
- Perth Campus or external
- Mid-year start available (Domestic students)
- Mid-year start available (International students)
Each course has a number of credit points that must be completed for you to graduate. Find out what’s required to meet the credit points for this course.
Entry requirements for
Fees & Scholarships for Domestic StudentsInternational Students
At Murdoch, you pay for the individual units you enrol in, not an overall course fee. The total cost of your course will therefore vary depending on what units you choose. Use our online Course Fee Calculator to estimate the amount you will need to pay.
We understand you may need help financially whilst studying for your qualification. We therefore offer eligible students a wide range of scholarships, prizes and awards across a variety of categories. Find out what scholarships Murdoch has on offer, and whether you’re eligible to apply.
How to apply as a Domestic StudentInternational Student
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 1, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 2, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Your Application Checklist
Your Document Checklist
Ready to apply? Before you start, make sure you have all of the following documentation ready for a quick application.