Are you an HR professional working towards a more senior role or exploring your options for personal and professional development? This course will give you the introductory skills and insights you need to succeed.
- Part or full-time
(Student visa holders must study full-time)
- Part or full-time
- 1 semester full-time (Semester 1 commencement only) or part-time equivalent
Across all businesses and industries, the one thing that makes an organisation stand out from others is the people behind it.
This coursework degree will allow you to plan and manage an organisation’s teams in ways which align with the organisation’s strategic goals and objectives. You’ll explore what makes a productive and sustainable workplace culture as you apply the new technologies and innovative HR solutions you learn.
You’ll boost your HR expertise with new skills in people and performance management.
9 reasons to study a Graduate Certificate in Human Resources Management at Murdoch
- Use avatars and virtual reality (VR) to prepare you for real life HR experiences such as interviews, conflict resolution and more. We are the first university in Australia to introduce VR in this way.
- We have received a 5-star rating for student support and learner engagement in our business and management programs.
Source: The Good Universities Guide 2019
- Choose full-time, part-time, on-campus or online options to help you fit study into your working life. If you’re an international student, you’ll need to study full-time to meet your visa requirements.
- Most of our classes take place after work hours during the week, starting after 4.30pm, or on weekends.
- Take advantage of free workshops and seminars to help you with writing, statistics and analysing data, ethics, how to run surveys and research as a postgraduate student.
- Be taught by leading academics who have worked as consultants across many industries including healthcare, IT, aged care, banking, and education. You’ll also learn through industry guest lectures and work on real projects with industry.
- Put theory into practice with professional placements through our Work Integrated Learning program.
- Units completed in this course count as course credit for our Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management if you want to take your studies further.
- Looking to continue on and complete a Master in as little as 18 months? We offer a Master of Human Resource Management where you can use the units completed in this course as credits.
Develop your skills
Build essential skills and knowledge to meet your career or study goals. Topics you’ll cover include:
- industrial relations and employment law
- people and performance management
- human capital development.
By 2022, it’s expected there will be 89,000 new management jobs in Australia.
Source: Job Outlook WA Government 2019
A postgraduate qualification can help you further your current career and move into a more senior role or help you change career paths to pursue new opportunities. Depending on your own situation and career aspirations, there are many careers and positions that this course can lead to.
Careers could include:
- HR Advisor
- Learning and Development Advisor
- HR Coordinator
- Recruitment Officer.
You’ll graduate with in-demand management skills, specialising in developing strategies to attract, retain, develop, engage and reward a capable workforce.
The Graduate Certificate in Human Resource Management has met the criteria for course accreditation and is currently accredited by the Australian HR Institute (AHRI). Accreditation is reviewed every three years by the AHRI National Accreditation Committee.
Students applying for this course can be assured that the quality of core units map onto the AHRI Model of Excellence for HR Practitioners and Academics, a recognised benchmark of HR best practice and standards.
- Perth Campus or external
- Mid-year start available (Domestic students)
- Not available (International students)
Each course has a number of credit points that must be completed for you to graduate. Find out what’s required to meet the credit points for this course.
Entry requirements for
Fees & Scholarships for Domestic StudentsInternational Students
At Murdoch, you pay for the individual units you enrol in, not an overall course fee. The total cost of your course will therefore vary depending on what units you choose. Use our online Course Fee Calculator to estimate the amount you will need to pay.
We understand you may need help financially whilst studying for your qualification. We therefore offer eligible students a wide range of scholarships, prizes and awards across a variety of categories. Find out what scholarships Murdoch has on offer, and whether you’re eligible to apply.
How to apply as a Domestic StudentInternational Student
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 1, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 2, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Your Application Checklist
Your Document Checklist
Ready to apply? Before you start, make sure you have all of the following documentation ready for a quick application.