Westpac Young Technologists Scholarship
Are you passionate about technology? If you are starting a tech-based undergraduate degree in 2019, you could be eligible for a scholarship worth up to $25,000 from Westpac Bicentennial Foundation.
The Westpac Young Technologists Scholarship is open to students under 26 years of age who are passionate about the power of technology and innovation to shape a better future for Australia. Recipients will receive $5000 for every year of study.
It's not just about funding though. This scholarship will help you develop into a stronger leader, provide you with internship opportunities, and introduce you to unique networks of people who would otherwise be out of reach. Best of all, you'll become a lifelong member of Westpac 100 Scholars Network, an inclusive group of some of the brightest minds in Australia. More information about the scholarship can be found on Westpac Bicentennial Foundation's website.
To apply you need to show:
- a demonstrated interest in technology
- curiosity to explore a future that is connected to technology and how it can make a difference in the world
- focus on personal growth and development
- commitment to be an active Westpac Scholar Alumni member
- diverse skills and experience
You can apply for the Westpac Young Technologists Scholarship if you meet the following criteria. You:
- are an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- have completed Year 12 (or equivalent) in 2017 or 2018 and attain a minimum selection rank of 70 OR are progressing from a relevant vocational education program in 2017 or 2018 that meets entry requirements
- are commencing an undergraduate degree for the first time in 2019
- are under 26 years of age at commencement of study.
You also need to select Murdoch as your 1st preference on TISC in any of the following courses:
Bachelor of Science
Business Information Systems
Chemical Laboratory Science
Cyber Security and Forensics
Forensic Biology and Toxicology
Games Software Design and Production
Genetics and Molecular Biology
Internetworking and Network Security
Mathematics and Statistics
Mobile and Web Application Development
Physics and Nanotechnology
Bachelor of Engineering
Chemical and Metallurgical Engineering
Electrical Power Engineering
Industrial Computer Systems Engineering
Instrumentation and Control Engineering
Renewable Energy Engineering
Bachelor of Creative Media
Course TISC Code Games Art and Design MUCME Graphic Design MUCME Photography MUCME Screen Production MUCME Sound MUCME
See full terms and conditions:
How to apply
If you fulfil the above criteria, you can apply to be considered for the Westpac Young Technologists Scholarship. To apply, you need to complete the below application form and submit it, along with a personal statement, written reference, resume and academic record, to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight, Friday 18 January 2019 (Australian WST).
The application details and requirements are outlined in the application form:
What happens next?
Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed at the end of January 2019 by representatives from Murdoch University and Westpac, and the winner will be notified shortly after.