Health Care Management
Build your skills in leadership and management to further progress your health care career. This course is for you if you currently work in quality, safety and risk roles within community, mental health, primary and aged care and are looking to transition into a management position, or are currently in a middle management position and wanting to progress further.
The course includes a focus on safety and quality to address the increased need for leadership and governance of healthcare for patient safety. It provides the hard and soft skills needed within a clinical context, including leadership and managerial skills, financial management in healthcare, policy and human factor considerations.
What you'll learn
- Apply recent and contemporary developments in health care management, quality, safety and leadership to a range of problems and scenarios.
- Analyse information to demonstrate theoretical and practical knowledge in theory, practice and scholarship.
- Select and exercise appropriate communication skills for technical and research contexts.
- Interpret theoretical propositions, methodologies, conclusions and professional decisions for specialist and non‐specialist stakeholders.
- Apply initiative to situations in a work setting and/or for further learning.
- Model the capability for personal autonomy and accountability in a professional setting.
- Design and execute a research‐based project, and /or related piece of scholarship.