Going overseas

Studying overseas gives you the chance to boost your career prospects, take classes that are not available at Murdoch, make lifelong friends and enjoy the experience of a lifetime. Our programs are taught in English so there’s no need to learn a second language.

Murdoch University Study Abroad and Exchange Program

If you are interested in studying overseas for an extended period, our Murdoch Exchange Program allows you to study for one or two semesters abroad. Choose from more than 50 partner universities in 20 countries, such as the USA, Canada, Germany, Sweden and Hong Kong.

We also offer the opportunity to study in various summer or winter programs for individual students in individual countries, as well as international internships.

Many of our disciplines run summer or winter programs for student groups, including clinical and practical placements. Here are some examples of the programs that we offer:

Semester Abroad

You could study for one or two semesters at one of our partner universities. Find out more about our exchange program.

Short-term Study Abroad and International Internships

You can join an individual overseas program and meet students from all over the world.

You could enjoy French Immersion in New Caledonia, Creative Writing in Oxford, Biodiversity in Peru, internships in North America, Europe and Asia.

Choose from summer and winter programs or international internships.

International Study Tours

You can travel and learn with a group of students from the same Murdoch University discipline. You can choose from:

  • clinical and practical placements (nursing, veterinary science and education) in South Africa, New Zealand, Europe or Asia
  • study abroad for a summer or winter unit (law, arts, environmental engineering, chemical engineering, animal science, forensics) in Europe or Asia.

Learn more about international study tours.

Learn about scholarships and financial assistance

You could be eligible for a number of scholarships, including Murdoch scholarships and scholarships offered by the Australian Government. Some scholarships may also be offered by host universities.

Find out more about scholarships and eligibility

You might also find financial assistance in the form of a government loan. This is known as OS-HELP and is available to Commonwealth Supported students who are Australian citizens or holders of a permanent humanitarian visa.

Learn more about OS-HELP

Ready to apply?

Find out more about overseas study opportunities at Murdoch. If you’ve chosen the partner university you want to study at, take the next step and apply to study abroad.

Apply Now

Have a question? Talk to us

Future International Students

+61 8 9360 6063
Make an enquiry

Future Students

1300 687 3624
Make an enquiry

Current Students

1300 687 3624
Make an enquiry