Westpac Asian Exchange Scholarship
The Westpac Asian Exchange Scholarship is open to current Murdoch University undergraduate students, interested in studying at one of over 10 of Murdoch’s Exchange Partner Universities in China, Hong Kong, Japan or South Korea.
Up to two semesters in Asia, including a five-day leadership program in Singapore. One experience of a lifetime. That’s the promise of our Asian Exchange Scholarship, valued up to $12,250. And unlike most scholarships, this one is designed to give you the leadership skills that can help shape your future. It’s a genuine cultural experience to open your mind, develop your thinking, and offer you networking opportunities with some of the best Australia-Asia thought leaders and support networks. As a Westpac Asian Exchange Scholar, you’ll become part of the Westpac 100 Scholars Network. Lifelong membership to this network gives you access to one of Australia’s most diverse meetings of like-minds. Drawing on the Scholars’ strong sense of purpose and desire to collaborate, the network is designed to be inspiring, influential and a life-long learning experience.
To apply for this scholarship, you need to show:
- A clear understanding of Asia’s role in Australia’s future prosperity.
- A desire to learn about a specific Asian culture, language, tradition or business through a combination of academic study and cultural immersion.
- The potential and ambition to contribute to strengthening Australia-Asia in their future endeavours.
- A genuine desire to be an active member of the Westpac 100 Scholars Network.
The duration of the scholarship and the exchange can be up to two semesters.
To apply for this scholarship you must:
- Be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Citizen
- Be enrolled full time in an Undergraduate (including Honours) degree
- Have completed 24 credit points by Exchange commencement
- Hold a minimum of a credit average
- Intend to go on Exchange for one or two semesters in China, Hong Kong, Japan or South Korea
- Intend to commence in July/August 2022 for the start of semester at your host university in Asia
To apply for the Exchange you must:
- Have a GPA of at least 2.0; please note that some partner universities require a higher GPA
- Have passed all classes the semester before you go on exchange
- Be a good ambassador for Murdoch University and WA
Note: Students in Veterinary Science and Nursing are not eligible to go on Exchange. Chiropractic, Psychology and Education are advised to speak to their academic chair to check accreditation requirements and course structure.
How to Apply
For more information, including Scholarship Guidelines, please visit Westpac Bicentennial Foundation Asian Exchange Scholarship .