Online International Welcome Scholarship
Welcoming new students into our supportive community has always been at the heart of Murdoch University. As such, we are offering a 40% scholarship to welcome eligible new international students who commence their Murdoch University studies online whilst travel to Perth, Western Australia is not possible.
This scholarship is offered in 2021 during the Semester 1 and Trimester 1 intakes.
No. of Scholarships:
Duration of Award:
Level of study:
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- be an international, full fee-paying student residing outside of Western Australia at the time of application and commencement of studies at Murdoch University
- be eligible to be granted a Subclass 500 Student Visa
- commence your Murdoch University degree in our offered 2021 Semester 1 and Trimester 1 intakes
- commence your Murdoch University degree online whilst travel to Perth, Western Australia is not possible
- start studying in an eligible course and be enrolled as an online mode of delivery in one or more of your course required units
- not be receiving any other Murdoch scholarship
- not be subject to any of the exclusions.
Note that the scholarship:
- is for new international students who are admitted and commence their studies online whilst travel to Perth, Western Australia is not possible
- is a 40% reduction of the eligible enrolled courses and units
- is open to all courses, with the exception of any enrolment undertaken as part of Murdoch University's Bachelor of Science / Doctor of Veterinary Medicine course or relating units
- only applies:
- in respect of eligible courses, delivered online; and
- during such time as new international students are unable to travel to Western Australia due to government travel restrictions. Once travel is possible, the following will apply:
- if a student has accepted their Murdoch Letter of Offer, whilst Murdoch would expect them to make arrangements to relocate to Perth, in the event that the student is not able to arrive before classes commence, Murdoch would honour the offered Scholarship for their first teaching period enrolment but revoke the Scholarship for any future enrolled teaching periods, or
- if a student commences their enrolment at Murdoch and it is prior to the admitted intake period census date, Murdoch would honour the offered Scholarship for the current teaching period enrolment but revoke the Scholarship for any future enrolled teaching periods, or
- if a student commences their enrolment at Murdoch and it is after the admitted intake period census date, Murdoch would honour the offered Scholarship for the current teaching period enrolment but revoke the Scholarship for any future enrolled teaching periods, or
- if a student has not Accepted their Murdoch Letter of Offer, the revoking of the Scholarship will be at the discretion of Murdoch and confirmed in writing to the student;
- has no financial payout and is not refundable;
- will be automatically deducted from the enrolled unit tuition fee at time of enrolment;
- will not be extended beyond its prescribed duration, except where notified by Murdoch University in writing;
- cannot be transferred to another university;
- will not be applied to tuition fees that are incurred:
- for Murdoch University's units delivered through Open Universities Australia or FutureLearn
- as part of cross-institutional units completed with another university;
- for units undertaken at, or under an enrolment at, a Murdoch University campus outside of Western Australia; or
- as part of a Non-for-Award enrolment at Murdoch University;
- only applies to partial tuition fees and does not apply to any other student fee of expense;
- will be revoked if the recipient defers the start of her or his studies beyond an eligible intake and;
- can be revoked in other circumstances outlined in the Terms and Conditions which will be referenced in Murdoch University's Letter of Offer.
How to Apply
You do not need to apply for this scholarship. It is automatically awarded to you if you meet all the eligibility criteria.
This scholarship works as a 40% tuition fee contribution and is automatically deducted from the enrolled unit tuition fee for Trimester 1 or Semester 1 intake teaching period as per application.
40% fee reduction
30 Oct 2020
26 Feb 2021