City of Mandurah Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Scholarship
The purpose of the Scholarship is to provide financial support to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students, from the Mandurah region, who are intending to enrol, or are enrolled, full-time in an undergraduate degree at Murdoch University Mandurah Campus or at South Street Campus.
City of Mandurah
No. of Scholarships:
Duration of Award:
Level of study:
Creative Arts and Communication
Law and Criminology
Social and Cultural Studies
To apply for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- be a current resident of the City of Mandurah.
- must be commencing or intending to commence an undergraduate course at Murdoch University Mandurah or South Street Campus
- must be facing financial and/or personal hardship
- must identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
How to Apply
Complete the online application below and attach the required documents by the closing date.
This scholarship requires you to provide the following documents:
- completed application form
- academic record from your school
- written reference from one or two people who are qualified to comment on your academic studies, including former employers, or appropriate members of the community who can verify your community involvement and/or leadership characteristics.
- personal statement of no more than 300 words that outlines personal and/orfinancial hardship (show evidence e.g. tax notice of assessment or Centrelink income statement), personal skills, examples of contributions made to the Mandurah community and why you would be a worthy recipient of the scholarship.
- evidence of residing in the Mandurah region.
The scholarship duration will be for up to three years. Payment will be made in instalments of $2,000 made in week 7 or 8 of each standard academic semester (S1 and S2).
15 Sep 2021
06 Mar 2022