AJ Parker Memorial Scholarship
Alan James (Jim) Parker was appointed as a foundation professor at Murdoch University in 1974, a post he held until his untimely death in 1982. Much of his work involved understanding and developing the science of disparate areas of chemistry. His research into non-aqueous hydrometallurgy and storage of electrical energy are today seen as novel and visionary.
The AJ Parker Scholarship in Chemistry, Mineral Science or Science Education is available to students who have completed the WACE, or equivalent examination, since 2007.
To apply for this scholarship you must:
- Be intending to enrol, or are a first year student enrolled full-time in the Bachelor degree program of Chemistry and/or Mineral Science.
- Be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Students enrolled in a Bachelor of Secondary Education with a double major in Chemistry and/or Mineral Science are welcome to apply.
How to Apply
Compile the required documents, including the completed application form, and email them toby the closing date.
This scholarship requires you to provide the following documents:
- completed application form
- copies of school reports for Years 11 and 12
- a personal statement of 500 words maximum describing why you should be considered for this scholarship.
Please note, you only need to provide the documents listed above. The application form can be used to apply for other scholarships so it may list extra required documents, such as written references. Unless it is listed above, you do not need to provide it.
Payments will be made directly in to your nominated bank account in the following instalments:
- $1,000 in week 7 or 8 of the standard semester (S1)
- $1,000 in week 7 or 8 of the standard semester (S2)
These payments are subject to acceptance and ongoing compliance with the terms and conditions.