Asylum Seekers and Refugees Scholarship
To provide financial assistance for students from refugee and asylum seeker backgrounds to undertake an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at Murdoch University.
You must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be residing in Australia
- A person seeking asylum
- Be on a Temporary Protection Visa or Safe Haven Enterprise Visa or in the process of applying for one of these or any other protection visa.
- Be eligible for entry into an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at the time of application
- Be intending to enrol and commence studies in Semester 1, 2022 at Murdoch University
How to Apply
Complete the online application form and attach the required documents by the closing date.
The scholarship requires you to provide the following documents:
- completed application form
- please provide a copy of your visa or provide evidence you have applied for a protection visa/SHEV/TPV
- a personal statement (of no more than 1 A4 page) that includes:
- What has been your previous work and study experience - this can be formal (school or TAFE) or informal (voluntary work, learning with volunteer organisations)?
- What are your motivations regarding studying your particular course and how does this relates to your future career?
- What barriers (financial or otherwise) does this scholarship assist you in overcoming?
- Statement of recommendation from a school (secondary or tertiary) or community leader (not a family member).
- Referee Statements which could support your application
100% of tuition fees will be covered.
Annual Living Stipend - Payment will be made in the following instalments: $5,000 per annum ($2,500 per semester) across the length of the successful recipient's degree.
Student Amenities fee will be waived.
The successful recipient will also have use of a Murdoch Laptop.