As an international student studying in Australia, you will only be eligible for a full-fee paying place at Murdoch. Find out what you need to know about course fees and other costs associated with studying.

Course fees

At Murdoch you pay for the individual units you enrol in, rather than an overall course fee. Some units cost more than others. This may be due to the number of credit points the unit awards or the level of resources required to teach it.

You’ll find an estimated course fee in your Offer Letter. To determine the exact amount, you can use our Tuition Fee Calculator.

See indicative course fees

Student Services and Amenities Fee

The Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF) is a fee charged by all higher education providers, including Murdoch, to help with student services and features that aren’t directly linked to your studies.

At Murdoch, we use these fees to provide you with health and counselling services, careers and employment advice, sport and recreation facilities and services, and much more.

2019 Student Services and Amenities Fee

The SSAF is charged twice a year, and the amount you pay depends on whether you’re a full or part-time student, and which campus you study at.

Course enrolment

Part-time fee per half year

Full-time fee per half year

Murdoch campus



Mandurah/Rockingham campus



Fully external



See how SSAF funds were allocated in 2017:

Infographic of Student Services and Amenities Fee fund allocations in 2017

For more information see Student Services and Amenities Fee.

Parking fees

Parking at Murdoch is usually easy, but you will need to budget for parking fees if you’re planning to drive to uni.

Car parks on campus are zoned and colour coded either red or green:

  • The red zone is located closer to the main buildings. An annual permit will cost around $500.  
  • The green zone is lower-cost parking situated slightly further away. An annual permit is around $200.

Visitors’ ticket parking is also available if you’ll only be driving to Murdoch occasionally.

See the Parking at Murdoch University campuses page for more information.

Course-related expenses

Your tuition fees cover the cost of your education, but you also need to pay for textbooks or any other materials and equipment that may be required for your course.

Depending on your area of study, you may also need to pay for:

  • textbooks
  • field trips
  • laboratory equipment such as lab coats and safety goggles
  • printing and photocopying
  • Working with Children Checks

If you are studying externally you might need to attend mandatory on-campus sessions for some units, so you’ll want to factor in the cost of travelling to Murdoch and accommodation if necessary.