Cricket Excellence Program
Are you a high-level cricket player and a current member of an international cricket club or association?
Our Cricket Excellence Program is ideal if you have demonstrated a high level of cricket playing ability and would like to pursue top level community cricket while studying in Australia, at no additional cost.
Successful admission into the program will mean immersing yourself in a summer of Australian cricket at a community club while pursuing your full degree at Murdoch.
Benefits of the Cricket Excellence Program include:
- placement at a community cricket club by the WACA
- access to Murdoch University training facilities
- access to community coaching accreditation and umpire courses run by the WACA
- access to professional development opportunities with the WACA
- tickets to international and domestic cricket games
- 1-year gym membership to the Zone Fitness Centre on campus
- club fees allowance
- Murdoch cricket bag
- guided tour of the WACA.
If you're accepted into our Cricket Excellence Program, you'll also be eligible for Murdoch's International Welcome Scholarship, valued at up to $12,000.
You can apply for the Cricket Excellence Program if you meet the following criteria:
- have an unconditional letter of offer from Murdoch University to enrol in a Murdoch University course, and satisfy all entry conditions for that course;
- be a high level cricket player and a current member of an international cricket club or association;
- be an international, full fee-paying student;
- starting studies at one of Murdoch's Western Australia campuses in 2020;
- be classified as a Murdoch international student and have paid your fees to Murdoch in full for your course;
- starting studies in an eligible coursework program;
- be successfully granted an Australian visa with study right by the Department of Home Affairs
- be able to provide two references from your home cricket club or association demonstrating high level cricket accomplishments and aspirations
- provide a cover letter and resume detailing your cricket experience.
See full terms and conditions:
How to apply
To apply, the following documents must be submitted to the Murdoch application portal at the same time as your application to study.
- Completed International Cricket Excellence Program application form
- A copy of your eligible unconditional Letter of Offer from Murdoch University
- Personal Statement – 2 page limit
This should be a brief summary of your life, education and employment (if relevant); personal and career goals; particular hobbies and interests, and what being a recipient of a Murdoch International Cricket Scholarship would mean personally.
- Two references regarding your participation in cricket – 1 page limit for each.
Each reference must identify the name, title, club or school and contact number of the referee at the top of the page. The referee must comment on his or her personal knowledge of your cricketing skills and accomplishments.
Only complete applications containing all required documents will be considered for assessment.
Once you have applied, your application will be assessed by the WACA and Murdoch University. You will be notified of the selection process outcome by email.
If you are successful, we will introduce you to your community cricket club before you arrive in Perth.
If you’re interested in applying but need more information, please email us and include the below information along with your query.
- phone number
- country of origin
- course level (for example, undergraduate or postgraduate)
- the course you are interested in.
Our International Admissions team will then contact you to answer your query.