Domestic student fees

You're considered a domestic student at Murdoch if you are an Australian citizen or permanent resident, a New Zealand citizen or hold a permanent Australian humanitarian visa.

Australian citizens

Permanent residents

Permanent Humanitarian Visa holders

New Zealand Citizens who hold a Special Category visa

  • How do I know if I hold a Special Category visa?

    The Special Category visa (subclass 444) is a temporary visa that lets you stay and work in Australia as long as you remain a New Zealand citizen. You might be able to get this visa on arrival to Australia if you:

    • are a New Zealand citizen 
    • present a valid New Zealand passport 
    • present a completed incoming passenger card 
    • meet specific health and character requirements

    For more information about Special Category visas, please visit the Department of Home Affairs.

  • How do I pay my fees?

    If you hold a New Zealand Special Category visa you may be eligible for government assistance under certain circumstances.

    If you do not meet the eligibility requirements you are required to pay your fees upfront.

  • When do I have to pay my fees?

    Your tuition fees are due 2 weeks before the census date or as outlined on your invoice.

    If you have been approved as a HELP Eligible Special Visa Category holder and are receiving government assistance, your fees will transfer to your loan on the census date.

    See teaching periods for the relevant census dates. Please note: different teaching periods have different census dates.

  • What if my visa status changes?

    If your visa status changes you must advise Murdoch University immediately.

    If you become an Australian citizen you need to either bring your Australian Citizenship certificate to the Student Centre or post in a certified copy as soon as possible so we can update your student record.

    See changing visa or citizenship status for more information.

Find out more

If you have questions about your fees as a domestic student, contact us for more information.

Contact us