Help people live more active lives and become an Accredited Exercise Physiologist with WA’s only integrated four year Exercise Physiology degree.
- Part or full-time
(Student visa holders must study full-time)
- Part or full-time
- 4 years full-time or part-time equivalent
If you’re passionate about keeping people moving and helping to improve quality of life, this integrated undergraduate and postgraduate course will give you the qualification you need to register as an Accredited Exercise Physiologist.
Develop, implement and manage physical activity and behavioural programs for healthy clients and clients living with a range of chronic conditions as you explore how exercise can improve health and wellbeing.
Learn about the delivery of exercise, lifestyle and behavioural modification programs to help prevent and manage chronic diseases and injury, and have a unique opportunity to fill the void between acute care and long-term management of people living with health conditions.
This integrated four-year course provides a clear path from your first year of study through to your fourth and final year. At the end of your first three years, you will have completed a Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science which guarantees entry into the 1 year Graduate Diploma in Clinical Exercise Physiology (minimum 2.0 GPA required enter Graduate Diploma).
5 reasons to study Sport and Exercise Science + Clinical Exercise Physiology at Murdoch
- Five-star rating for student-teacher ratio, overall experience, student support and teaching quality.*
*Source: Good Universities Guide 2020
- Study the only integrated Exercise Physiology qualification in Western Australia.
- Build you skills in a supportive learning environment. This is a capped course, with selective intake and smaller class sizes that will allow you to work closely with lecturers and benefit from their skills and experience.
- Gain practical experience working within public and private health care settings.
- Learn in purpose built, state-of-the-art facilities that include a dedicated exercise physiology laboratory, a rehabilitation, strength and conditioning laboratory, and a performance laboratory complete with a 3D motion capture system and a 50-metre running track.
What you’ll learn
Build the knowledge and skills you need to meet your career or study goals. Here are some of the things you’ll learn:
- strength and resistance training
- exercise, programming and prescription
- sport and exercise psychology
- advanced skills and motor control
- cardiopulmonary, metabolic and neuromuscular rehabilitation.
Your future career
Pursue a variety of roles in both public and private health care environments.
Careers could include:
- Accredited Exercise Physiologist
- Accredited Exercise Scientist
- Accredited Sports Scientist
- Rehabilitation Consultant
- Strength and Conditioning Coach.
You could work in a range of industries including the private sector, universities, and government institutions.
On graduation from the 4 year program, you will be eligible to apply for your Exercise Physiology accreditation and become an Accredited Exercise Physiologist. At the end of your third year of study, you are eligible to apply for your Exercise Scientist Accreditation.
For further admission information about this course, please download our Information Pack.
- Perth campus
- Not available (Domestic students)
- Not available (International students)
Each course has a number of credit points that must be completed for you to graduate. Find out what’s required to meet the credit points for this course.
Entry requirements for
Fees & Scholarships for Domestic StudentsInternational Students
At Murdoch, you pay for the individual units you enrol in, not an overall course fee. The total cost of your course will therefore vary depending on what units you choose. Use our online Course Fee Calculator to estimate the amount you will need to pay.
We understand you may need help financially whilst studying for your qualification. We therefore offer eligible students a wide range of scholarships, prizes and awards across a variety of categories. Find out what scholarships Murdoch has on offer, and whether you’re eligible to apply.
How to apply as a Domestic StudentInternational Student
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 1, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Sorry, this course does not accept admissions for commencement in Semester 2. Please consider starting your studies in Semester 1 of the following year.
Your Application Checklist
Your Document Checklist
Ready to apply? Before you start, make sure you have some or all of the following documentation ready for a quick application.