Love exploring what makes people think and act the way they do? Discover established psychological knowledge and methods of investigation, along with the latest developments and exciting new trends in the field.
- Part or full-time
(Student visa holders must study full-time)
- Part or full-time
- 3 years full-time or part-time equivalent
Learn about all the major fields in psychology, including human development through our lifespan, biological, social, and cultural influences on the individual person, perception, emotion, learning, cognition, language and neuroscience, personality and individual differences, abilities and disabilities, psychological health and wellbeing, and psychological disorders.
You’ll have the chance to study psychology along with other subjects in the arts and humanities when you choose a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology. Build special expertise in the areas of psychology that most interest you. You’ll examine leading-edge research and practical applications to explore how we make sense of ourselves.
With a focus on the latest research in these fields, you’ll integrate your learning of subject matter with the research methods used to discover new knowledge in these fields.
6 reasons to study Psychology at Murdoch
- This course is a first step towards becoming a registered psychologist.
- Get exposure to how research studies are conducted in your first year units, with participation in ongoing research rewarded with course credit.
- Strong growth is predicted for Psychology jobs in Australia over the next five years*.
*Source: Australian Government Job Outlook 2019
- Murdoch is ranked number one in WA for full-time employment in Humanities, Cultural and Social Sciences*.
*Source: The Good Universities Guide 2020
- Build a portfolio of highly sought after technical and interpersonal skills that will give you the opportunity to apply for jobs in a range of industries.
- Develop analytical skills alongside contemporary scientific research methods for investigating human minds and behaviour.
What you’ll learn
Build the knowledge and skills you need to meet your career or study goals. Here are some of the things you’ll learn:
- family and interpersonal relations
- how people think, plan, remember and make decisions
- how human beings change and develop through the lifespan
- how society, culture and the people around us influence our behaviour
- how individuals differ in their personality and talents
- how biology influences behaviour
- psychological disorders, what causes them, and how psychologists can help
- techniques for investigating people’s thoughts, feelings and behaviour.
Customise your course
Customise your course with a second major or combined degree. Adding a second major or combined degree enhances your career prospects and allows you to specialise in two areas of study. Here are some combinations we recommend:
Your future career
The Bachelor of Arts (Psychology) will give you an in-depth understanding of human behaviour that you can use across many industries.
Careers could include:
- Psychologist (with further study)
- Human Resources or Marketing Officer
This course is accredited by the Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC). With the addition of a fourth year of study, such as our Graduate Diploma or Honours program, and a fifth year, such as our Master of Applied Psychology (Professional), you will be eligible for provisional registration with the Psychology Board of Australia.
For further admission information about this course, please download our Information Pack.
- Perth Campus
- Mid-year start available (Domestic students)
- Mid-year start available (International students)
Each course has a number of credit points that must be completed for you to graduate. Find out what’s required to meet the credit points for this course.
Entry requirements for
Fees & Scholarships for Domestic StudentsInternational Students
At Murdoch, you pay for the individual units you enrol in, not an overall course fee. The total cost of your course will therefore vary depending on what units you choose. Use our online Course Fee Calculator to estimate the amount you will need to pay.
We understand you may need help financially whilst studying for your qualification. We therefore offer eligible students a wide range of scholarships, prizes and awards across a variety of categories. Find out what scholarships Murdoch has on offer, and whether you’re eligible to apply.
How to apply as a Domestic StudentInternational Student
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 1, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Apply now to be eligible for a place at Murdoch University. To start studying in Semester 2, you can apply directly to Murdoch using our easy-to-use online application system.
Your Application Checklist
Your Document Checklist
Ready to apply? Before you start, make sure you have some or all of the following documentation ready for a quick application.